Chapter Twenty

Depuis le début

"Uh, yes, that is me but I have to.." I say, but my voice trails off before I finish my sentence when I turn to see the two maids already off down the hall and turning the corner.

"Please make haste, you don't wish to be late for the meeting, Lady (Y/n)." The servant comments, ushering me off in the opposite direction.

As curious as I am to know what Asui was trying to tell me, I have to push the thoughts and questions aside as we head further away.

—And the interaction fully slips from my mind as we pass down another hall where my guards are perched, waiting patiently for our arrival and swiftly making their ways to my sides as we pass.

Kirishima, as per usual, is to my right and the closest to me while the servant is a bit ahead and out of ear-shot.

My two others guards are stationed behind and towards my other side, inched further towards one another to chat not so subtly about what is to come.

"Good afternoon, Red." I greet, subtly sneaking a glance in the soldiers direction.

He pauses, gaze flickering to meet mine for a moment before his stoic expression melts into a slight smile, one of his sharp teeth poking out over his bottom lip.

"Good afternoon, My Lady." He replies, eyes fixating ahead again "You sleep well?" I wonder and he nods slightly, earning a smile from me as I also set my attention ahead.

"Good."

The doors that the servant had stopped at are large and easily catch my attention when they turn to stand beside it, gesturing in its direction when we grow near.

"When you are called up, your guards must remain stationed at the side as to not be seen by the other members of the court." The servant states and my two others guards step forward a bit to listen.

With subtle nods from the three surrounding me, they seem to agree to the condition, my body inching forward to pull back the door and peak into the room.

—But upon glancing inside, I can't help but notice the mass of people surrounding the jury-like room.

It was much similar to my fathers hearing room, instead, the King would sit at the throne suspended and looking down towards the middle along with the multitude of people taking their seats surrounding the open floor below.

I step back slightly "Uhm, I was told this would be confidential?" I wonder, and the servant nods "Yes, all of the people you see here are members of the Kings court."

"—In short, they're witnesses of what's to come, Lady (Y/n)." He explains briefly while I lean forward again, looking over the many people inside while they took their seats and chatted away.

I nod at the information, taking in the scene and breathing lightly before looking to my guards and nodding for them to follow me in.

It isn't too loud in here and after we enter the conversations around start to dim as we move off to the side.

And after a few more minutes, a servant above alerts the Kings arrival— Fully silencing the crowd as the man himself moves to sit in his throne and look down on the rest of us.

He greets the court, taking no time because he seemed to want to get into thee meeting already.

The reason I'm here.

Everything we had gone through has led up to this moment and knowing that— My heart unintentionally beats faster and I grit my teeth, trying to calm myself.

It isn't until I feel a new warmth envelope my hand that I tense more before relaxing, knowing who was on the other end of the reassuring contact.

"You're gonna do great." He whispers from my side, our joined hands earning a light squeeze from me as I nod to Kirishima's words "Thank you, Eijiro."

"Lady (Y/n)." The King calls out, a slight form of an introduction for the many people surrounding above and causing me to move forward, breaking our form of contact to step into the middle of the courtroom.

Slight chatter had formed above, most people already knowing of my families ability and watching expectantly as I curtsied for the man in the throne.

"Your Majesty," I greet, smoothing out the front of my dress as I straightened my posture to meet his gaze.

"Lady (Y/n), tell me what will happen here, what do you see in the future of this rebellion?" He questions, voice seemingly echoing off the walls of the court.

I nod "Yes, Your Majesty." I state, my dress splaying out around me as I kneel to the floor and place my hand onto it, closing my eyes and activating my quirk.

Upon seeing the future, my heart grows heavy, my eyes swiftly blinking open once I had seen enough and allowing me to stand to my full height once more.

"Lady (Y/n), tell what you see." The King repeats and I nod, raising my head to look over the throne above,

"I foresee the rebels attacking the courtroom, before they are cornered they will injure many people— Including two of my guards and right after.." I pause.

Nobody in the court speaks, silence basking through the sun rays cast onto me from the windows above and behind the seats around.

"They will kill me." I declare.

The King seems to hum at that, resting his elbow on the armrest of his throne and grabbing his chin as he listened and I continued.

"Immediately after my lifeless body falls the rebels will be captured. The rebellion ends here." I inform and the man above nods once more, leaning off of his arm and whisking a hand towards me.

"Thank you, Lady (Y/n)." He states, relief in his tone "That's all I needed to hear and your sacrifice will save many in the future." He states, earning another nod in understanding from me.

That's when I chose to dismiss myself, easily moving off to the side and coming to a stand beside my guards once more,

Kirishima watches me, I can feel his eyes, my gaze staying focused ahead while he glances towards the King who had started talking again.

"We need to get you out of here." He states quietly, attempting to grab my hand again but for once, I pull away— Shaking my head slightly.

"We can't." I state and he pauses, taking in my reaction and I see him slouch in my peripheral vision "You knew you'd die, didn't you?" He wonders, his rough voice dull with sadness and realization.

I can't answer, my eyes casting towards the ground slightly "I expected it, actually." I say because I knew this journey would most likely end with my life.

And I've already accepted it all.

"It was lovely getting to know you, Eijiro." I finally say, eyes flickering upwards to meet his when I see a shadow fall over one of the windows.

You can't change the future. And when that shadow comes smashing through one of the many windows, letting the sun fully in along with a multitude of glass shards..

The attack had begun.