Chapter 1

The man lay on the ground, his body broken and battered, blood seeping from his wounds. He knew that he was doomed, that his time was nearly up.

Ian remained unmoved, his gaze fixed on the sight before him. He raised his hand to his ear, where a small, wireless device was embedded, almost invisible to the naked eye.

"Hugo, are you done?" he inquired calmly, his words coming through to his associate via a micro earpiece.

This was a tool commonly used by undercover agents and assassins, a device designed to relay information discreetly and this tiny device, nestled discreetly into the curve of his ear, was called a micro earpiece. Specifically designed for stealth operations, its beige hue rendered it practically invisible. And yet, it offered a level of audibility that had been fine-tuned over years of engineering, delivering exceptional clarity of sound.

Capable of functioning for nearly 8 hours on a single charge, this earpiece was commonly used by secret agents and operatives for covert purposes. Its filter technology provided a pristine filtering process, filtering out extraneous noise to deliver the purest audio possible. Despite its minuscule size, this earpiece packed a technical punch, and was a marvel of modern engineering.

The injured man could barely move, but he could hear the sounds of Ian's voice echoing in his ear. He knew that he was at the mercy of a cold-blooded killer, and that there was nothing he could do to escape his fate.

Yet Ian remained emotionless, watching as the man's life ebbed away. To him, this was just another day at the office, another job well done. He was completely unfazed by the violence that he had committed, and felt no remorse for the man's suffering.

The man's eyes grew heavy, and his breathing grew shallow. He was left to suffer in the wake of Ian's brutal exploits, would eventually succumb to his wounds. He could feel his last moments approaching, yet they seemed almost eternal, his body broken and battered, left to bleed out on the cold, tile floor. Like clockwork, Ian's gaze shifted away from the pool of crimson, toward the man's mangled form, his eyes reflecting an utter lack of remorse or guilt.

"Yes. I have ordered our man to take care of the rest." Hugo said.

"Ian, Hugo. You guys have to go now. The police is on the way. Let our man handle the police." Aryan suddenly interrupted their conversation.

Hugo replied with "okay," and Ian just didn't reply to it.

He takes out his gun and points it at the man's head, who was lying down on the floor.

He was about to die, but it might take some time for him to die, so it's probably better for him to just kill him directly.

If the police found him alive, there's a high possibility that they might saved him and troubled them, so he chose to kill him before leaving the place.

He immediately walked toward a Bugatti Chiron that was not far from him.

He knows it was Hugo's car.

He entered the car, and Hugo continued to drive the Bugatti at high speed, leaving that place without looking back, and soon they heard the sirens of a police car in the distance.

Thus, they knew that the police had arrived at the place, but as usual, they were able to free themselves successfully.

"Ian. Are you going to meet that black horse? He is clearly trying to make you mad to invite you to his party." Hugo said without looking at him.

"That damn horse really knows how to make me mad. He dared attack my people."

Ian gritted his teeth as he tried to control his anger.