Chapter 26

I have so much of you in my heart~ John Keats

▫️Murat Hayder▫️

"Whoa, calm down, will you?" I looked at her unbelievably. She looked at me with her doe eyes. I was happy hearing her blabber until last part. I knew that she had all wrong ideas about me but she really thought that I kill people for fun. Outstanding. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if any other person talks or thinks shit about me. And I don't know why but, hearing her say such things, really hurt my pride.

"My dear wife." She flinched lightly when I called her. I smiled at her innocence. She was really my prized possession. My one and only.

"I think you need to reconsider your thoughts." I hesitated.

"O..Kay." She said with a confused face. "Atleast, give me a reason to. You can't just tell me to reconsider and not argue about it. I believe what I see." She stated and I exhaled the air loudly.

She was right. But, I didn't wanted to argue as there was nothing left to. Things might turn worse if I tried to interpret. I was being a coward in this, what if she leaves me after knowing what kind of bastard I am.

I had sweared to myself that I would try to avoid violence because of her. I felt that things were  slowly normalising between us and I would be a fucking idiot if I tried to ruin that. But, one thing I knew that if anybody tried to harm her or even see her with their filthy eyes with filthy intentions, then the hell would break on loose. Those bastards would be buried under fifty feet. Alive.

"Are you okay?" She asked. No, I wasn't. But her warm hand caressing my shoulder made me feel just right. Was it possible for a person to calm the shits down just by a mere touch? The answer was right in front me looking as beautiful as ever.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it. I'll always be there to listen when you're ready." She grinned. "Come on now, give it a rest." She said again and I nodded in response. I was grateful that she understood my hesitancy.

Yumna, was an angel sent in my life. If there was any god like people claim there to be, then he was finally giving me hope to survive my unfortunate life. I also knew that he was either rewarding me for the dreadful twenty six years I've lived or would punish in the most atrocious way by taking her away from me as I sinned, hated and cursed the so called god my whole life.

I asked Yumna if she wanted to go back to our suite and she didn't deny as it was already late. We sat in the backseat of my Black Lamborghini Urus. Yumna seemed in high spirits the whole way. She was probably trying to cheer me up which I really was. I just wanted to make most of my time with her. So that if she ever left then I would atleast have those memories of us to look back and rejoice them.

________

I saw Yumna sitting in the balcony. The light breeze softly ruffled her hair length. Though she had a book in her hand, her eyes seemed distant. She was pondering very intensely over something.

I tossed the towel which was in my hand a second ago on the table and walked towards my spellcaster. I cleared my throat gaining her attention.

She narrowed her eyes, "Will you please dry your hair? I don't want to babysit an unwell man on our flight back home." She shook her head. "Allah, look at all the water dripping. You can easily water those plants." She said pointing few houseplants and bonsai lined perfectly.

"I'm not a frail man, love. You're talking to the most powerful man on this continent, you see." I smirked thinking the way she defended me back then.

"Hayder, can you please pass me my phone?" She said ignoring me existence.