"You're neither smart nor close to me. So move aside."

At that, poor Shaurya couldn't help but gape at his wife in absolute silence and sheer confusion.

Was old, quite, courteous Manjiri better for him? Or the present one, who has started surprising and shocking him on daily basis with her swift changing attributes?

Shaurya patiently waited for her call to end, so that he could take her out. But maybe, Manjiri was deliberately stretching her conversation long enough only to irk him up. He wondered was that her way of avenging him?

Few minutes later, as soon as Manjiri got done with her call than Shaurya came from behind and cradled her against his chest. Squeezing her to him and breathing in her hair, he murmured in her ear,

"I verily hope that you aren't as upset as before and your mood has improved by now."

"I'm fine."

Her reply was curt, as if she was totally unaffected by his sudden closeness.

"Do you know, whenever something clouds your mind I can tell it from the way you avoid my eyes."

"Since when you've started understanding me so much?"

She probed with same impassiveness. He took a deep defeated sigh. Perhaps, it was not his day.

"Sometimes only a moment is required to understand someone." Inhaling deeply inside her hair, he added, "And sometimes a whole lifetime passes but one is unable to understand the other person."

She turned around in his hold and eyed him stoically. He frowned taking a note of that.

"It's all about making efforts, my Silly Head. Which you never make."

"Stay away then. I'm in no mood to hear your philosophies and be a figure of fun for you."

Pushing his arms away off her frame, she irritably voiced in a slight louder tone.

"Fine!"

Too astonished and fed up with her purposeless exasperation, he muttered and attempted to move away.

"Enjoy yourself alone."

With a sulking face, Shaurya went and settled at the same spot where she was sitting a while before. Picking up the same magazine, he began reading a random article. At then, Manjiri could only stare at him open-mouthed. Whereas he... Not even once had he met her gaze after then.

She sighed. She didn't come all the way to Chandigarh for that. First, his uninvited friend broke in, then he spent more than one hour in concluding their research work together and then he himself only started frowning.

Yes, she agreed that she only asked him to help Priyal out. But what actually was she supposed to do at then? She couldn't be so mean-spirited that if anyone requires an aid, she backs off. But at least he could have procrastinated the work or made it fast.

She meekly went and got settled almost in his line of sight, across the table.

"A while before, you were saying something..."

She began but was quickly interrupted by him. Even though he was facing her, he refused to look at her.

"Nothing. You're mistaken, Madam Manjiri. Now get away and let me read."

"No, I'll not. Talk to me. Tell me what were you saying."

She cried out snatching the magazine from his hand. She was so done with him now. He looked at her,

"Just so you know, Ma'am, I don't talk to just anyone."

"I'm sorry!" She whispered looking down even though she shouldn't. All she wanted was to spend some time with him, and there his pointless annoyance wasn't helping. So she herself took the lead to dissipate everything in between them, "Just quit behaving like this, please."