"He's the one we saw in the morning. He brought for me 4 Gulab jamun" Saraansh said with wide eyes.

"Was he nice to you?" She asked as a mother worried about his safety.

"He is weird... Why doesn't he stay with us? He hurt you?" Saaransh asked holding Saumya's face in his tiny hands, warming her heart.

"Hahaha, he is super weird and a crazy man..." She took a deep breathe and held his hands in hers before replying to him again.

"He hurt me when I was in school. I loved him alot but he left me. I cried about it for a long time but then I realised he left but he gave me the most beautiful gift of my life, want to know what?" She talked to him, keeping in mind he was 7 years old and she had no right to influence Saaransh's thinking.

"He gave me you... You are my miracle, my jaan" She held him tightly, fearing that one day Ruhaansh will ultimately seperate them.

"I love you Ansh"

"I love you too mumma" He snuggled in her chest, feeling comfortable in her warmth.

"Anshu what if one day you will have to choose between him and me, who will you choose?" She asked him her biggest fear.

"You" Saaransh replied instantly.

"He will give you anything you want. He'll allow you to eat more chocolates, give you more toys to play with. He'll do everything you ask for. He'll never tell no" Saumya said things about what Ruhaansh was capable of and that might influence her son's mind.

"I love you mumma. He is a bad man if he hurt you."

"No Ansh, just because he hurt me doesn't mean he'll hurt you. You shouldn't judge someone by what they do to others, you should observe them first and then pass an opinion" Saumya couldn't help but explain to Ansh about how to make decisions. As a lover it was hard for her to speak in favour of Ruhaansh after everything she went through because of him but as a mother she knew it was her responsibility to make sure her son doesn't make his decisions based on what others think.

"I am sleepy mumma" Saaransh very swiftly changed the topic. Saumya smiled knowing how he avoided the topic subtly.

"Ok then let's make the big boy sleep" She laid him on the bed as she laid beside him, patting his head as he curled around her.

Once Ansh was asleep, she asked Pooja to stay with him for a while as she spent some time with herself trying to figure out what she should do next.

Sitting on the terrace with a bottle of beer in one hand and her phone in another, she sat cross legged, overlooking the bright lights that indicated the wedding vibes.

Looking at the picture of the phone, she ran her fingers on it.