Chapter Thirty Nine

Ben found himself snuggling to his wife closely than ever. Then he realised it was just his pillow. Dreams of Sarah entered his mind as his eyes fluttered open, the space beside him empty. He felt his heart squeeze in his chest and got up, only to find the door to her room gaping open. He didn't bother to knock, instead, he barged in only to walk in on her when she was tying the bow on her shirt. She turned around around, her silk shirt hanging loose from her breasts, the bow coming undone in her hands.

She just stared at him, wide-eyed. "Ben,"

"Good morning, indeed," He chuckled, going towards her and holding her by the waist. Their bodies touched and he started vibrating with current. "do you need my help?"

She nodded, and he took a deep breath, taking the two ends of the thread and tying the bow. "Wht are you shaking?" She whispered, looking up at him.

Her honey eyes melted into a drizzle, and the glow on her face made him wanna have her again. God. "It happens. I'm tying your shirt when all I want is to rip it off!"

She laughed. "Ben? Can I ask you something?"

He sobered up, snaking his hands down her waist. "Hmm,"

"Did you mean to say 'I love you' or did you just say it because I was irritating you with questions?"

She has guessed it. He hadn't meant to say that to her. It had come out of his mouth abruptly and after that, he hadn't taken it back. "The second,"

She looked shattered, yet there was a serene spark in her eyes. "I knew it."

He cupped her face. "See, Sarah, I--you're really, really, important to me. And what I said yesterday it was true, but I'm not sure, honestly! I'm not even sure what love is! Whatever is happening between us, whatever I'm feeling for you, I just said the first thing that came to my mind. Unless I'm sure, I won't say it again. I'm not lying to you, you know it right?"

"Of course. Thank you for being honest with me." She uttered, turning around and taking her bag from the bed. "I gotta go, now. My class will start early today."

She hurried past him. Once she was out of the room, he felt dejected. Well, that's what he had been feeling for a few days; whenever she wasn't near him, there was this innate frustration and despair that he felt. Yesterday, he had meant to tell her that he liked it, instead, out of irritation and a slip of tongue, he had uttered out that he loved her. Did he?

What was this feeling?

He went out, the living room empty. The kitchen was just there, barely still and resonating with her laughs. She had left early today. Of course, he had hurt her. But when she asked him, he couldn't bear lying to her. He really hadn't meant to say that, and he accepted the truth and told her exactly what he had meant. She had looked really sad, but her eyes had still made that spark. He wondered what it was all about.

After about an hour, he dressed up formally, taking out his Bentley out of the garage and driving it straight to office. Isabella Group was standing still, and when he entered, the receptionist smiled at him with that sexual glare. "Morning, Mr. Williams."

"Morning, Rina." He dismissed her stance with a cold resonance of his own.

When he reached his cabin on the sixth floor in the glass elevator, Vikar was waiting for him in his cabin. "Vik? Why are you here at this time?"

"There's something important I have to tell you. About Sanjeev."

He closed the door to his cabin and locked it. His heart beat rapidly in his chest, anticipating everything Vikar was going to say. The Greek businessman started to talk in his crisp voice and he knew what he had to do.