xiii. Eddie Munson

*NOT PROOFREAD*

--

We got out of the car and approached Reefer Rick's house, trying to find Eddie. Our flashlights shining through the windows, trying to find any sight of my boyfriend.

Dustin rang the doorbell a few times, hoping to catch the attention of someone. I peeked through the windows but I saw no sight of him, not a trace of him being here recently.

Dustin kept ringing the doorbell and obnoxious amount of times but I tried to ignore it.

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here," Steve said but Dustin started banging on the door instead.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!"

"Great," Steve complained.

"Must you be so loud?" I asked.

"Look, we just wanna talk, okay?" Dustin stated. "No cops, I swear. We just wanna help." He banged on the door again and Robin came beside me, trying to look through the windows as well.

"We'll find him, okay?" she saw the obvious worry about him on my face. "But... what if we don't? What if the police get to him first?" I started to overthink. "They won't because we will," Robin reassured me. I nodded and looked through the window again.

"Eddie!" Dustin rang the doorbell again. "Rick!" He banged on the door again, "Reefer Rick!" "Don't scream that," Steve said.

Max walked away over to the side of the house. My gaze shifted to her and I went with her.

Dustin kept telling for Rick as Steve told him to be quiet and that he obviously isn't here, or it pretending he isn't.

We walked over and then a big shed came into view, probably a boathouse since it's so close to the lake. "Hey guys!" Max called their attention and they all walked over to where we were standing. We all started at it for a moment, unsure if we should look in there or not.

We silently decided to walk towards it and we shine our flashlights through the windows. I look around and this place looked almost abandoned. But if there was any chance of Eddie being in here I'll take it.

We wallk over to the door and Robin opens it and walks inside, shining her flashlight everywhere. "Hello? Is anyone home?" she asked.

We all walk inside one by one and the creaking of the door seems to only be getting louder but I know it isn't.

"What a dump," Steve stated. I scoffed, "You can say that again."

We all walked around the boathouse, trying to find anything to signify he is or was here.

"What are you doing?" Dustin asks. I turn around and see Steve poking a tarp with an oar. "Steve, what do you think that's gonna do?" I ask. "What are you doing?" Dustin asks again.

"He might be in here," Steve reason. "So instead of maybe, I don't know, lifting the tarp? You poke it?" I question. "Yeah, take the tarp off," Dustin agrees. "If you're so brave you take the tarp off," Steve argues. "It's a tarp, Steve. What's the worst that can happen?" I go the remove the tarp but  stops me and keeps poking at it. I raise of my arm in annoyance and roll my eyes.

"Hey, look over here," Max said. I walked to where she stood next to Robin and there was some wrappers and a beer bottle.

"Someone was here," Max pointed out. "Maybe he got spooked an ran," Robin suggests. "Don't worry, Steve will get him with his oar," Dustin teased.

"I know you think you're being funny, Henderson, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died about hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight-" Steve quickly cut off  by something emerging from under the tarp and we turn around and see Eddie pushing him agaisnt a nearby wall. He has half a broken beer bottle to his neck and we run over to them and tell at him to stop.