vii. Eddie Munson

I was sitting at my lunch table, alone as always, reading my book whilst listening to music. I never really ate lunch. Considering it looked like actual mush and something they'd feed to prisoners, I stayed away from it. 

I never minded sitting alone. I had friends, but we all had different lunches, so I sat alone, avoiding socialization. I didn't really like meeting and interacting with new people anyways so it worked out. 

Today was like no other in here: loud and rowdy. Kids throwing food across the cafeteria at others, making a bigger mess for the custodians. The geeks sat at their designated table and the jocks and cheerleaders bullied them from theirs. Every clique had their own table but I just sat at some random one that had like four or five freshmen that sat on the end of it. 

They had tried getting me to join them. I politely declined due to knowing they only wanted me with them because I was a senior and they knew it'd probably up their status and people would be less likely to mess with them. They were also extremely annoying as well. 

I would've sat with the three freshmen I did like: Dustin, Mike, and Lucas, but they already had a table to sit at. Dustin and Mike with the Hellfire club and Lucas with the basketball team. But I was glad they had found their people. 

Speaking of Dustin and Mike, I noticed the pair were coming in the direction of my table. I kind of ignored it, thinking they were going to talk to those annoying freshmen at the other end, but I was wrong.

"Hey, Y/N," Dustin said, smiling wide.

I took off my headphones and looked at the two who had pleading eyes. Of course they wanted something.

"Hey, Dustybun," I acknowledged him. He furrowed his eyebrows and Mike snickered.

"You know only Suzie can call me that," he whined.

"I know. I just like annoying you," I grinned, "what do you two need?" 

Dustin looked at me confused, "How did you- Nevermind. So since Lucas can't come to our D&D campaign tonight because of the basketball game, we were wondering if you could sub for us?"

"Dustin, as much as I would love to help, I have to study for O'Donnell's exam and I gotta pass it if I wanna graduate," I said. 

"But please. We don't know anyone else who knows how to play other than Lucas," Mike interjected.

"What do I get out of it?" I asked.

"Uh, we didn't get that far yet," Dustin mumbled, then an idea struck his mind, "we'll get Steve to babysit us for a whole month so you can have a break."

"Are you sure he's gonna actually do it though? You know Steve."

"We'll make it work," Mike said.

"Fine. But I'm not doing it again," I agreed.

Their faces lit up from excitement. "Thank you so much! You're the best!" Mike grinned widely. "How about you come sit with us?" Dustin suggested.

"I don't wanna intrude-"

"You wouldn't."

I agreed and gathered my stuff together, heading over to their table with them. I sat in an empty seat next to Mike and set my book on the table in front of me.

"And who may this pretty lady be?" I heard someone ask. Eddie Munson.

"Y/N Y/L/N," I answered.

"Oh, I've a lot about you," he said.

"What?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Dustin and Mike talk about you like all of the time."

"Huh."