ix. Steve Harrington | pt.1

I parked in front of Family Video and got out of my car, heading inside. I opened the entrance and a little bell rang which caught the attention of the two employees at the counter. I smiled at them and walked around the store. I was looking for a couple of movies for my friends and I to watch tonight. 

"Do you need any help, miss?" a guy asked me. I turned my head and saw the guy that was at the counter when I walked in. Steve Harrington. 

"Um, yeah, actually. Do you guys have Poltergeist and The Shining?" I asked. "We do actually. Right over here," he said, walking over to a nearby shelf. He grabbed both of the movies and handed them both to me. "Here you go. Is that all?" he asked. "Should be. Hope my friends enjoy them or they'll bitch and whine," I said, smirking. 

He nodded and we walked over to the counter that was now empty, I guess the other girl went to attend to another customer. He checked out the movies and I paid him. "These will be due in two weeks on the 20th," he informed me. "Got it. Thank you so much!" I was about to walk out when he stopped me. "Wait! Could I maybe get your number?" I turned back around and I was shocked to say the least.

"Um, you want my number?" I asked, second-guessing what he actually said.

"Uh, yeah. And maybe I could take you on a date?" 

My eyebrows lifted and I got a bit nervous. "I-I.. Yeah, totally! I'd like that," I smiled. "Great, Friday at 6?" he said and handed me a small piece of paper and a pen. I wrote my number down and handed it back to him. "Sounds good. See you tomorrow," I said and walked out of the store to my car. 

-- Steve's POV --

"How's it going with, what's her name? Oh! Heidi!" Robin asked me. "Haven't talked to her in a while. I'm probably gonna settle down, try and find a girlfriend instead of hookups for once," I replied. Robin put her hand over her heart, "I never thought you'd finally say those words! You've grown so much, Harrington." She tried to ruffle my hair but I quickly stopped her. "Not the hair!"

She snorted and smiled. I looked out the windows and noticed a car pulling up into the parking lot. "Isn't that Y/N Y/L/N's car?" Robin asked. "I think so," I said. "Hey," she punched my arm, "maybe you can finally ask her out." I scoffed, "as if. You know she'd never go for a guy like me." "You never know 'till you try, Harrington. Besides, you've been pining over her for months. Take it or leave it." 

I sighed and the door opened, revealing Y/N. She smiled at the two of us before heading over to the horror section. Robin nudged me and gestured over to where. Y/N was. "Go up to her," she mouthed. I rolled my eyes and walked over to where she was. 

"Do you need any help, miss," I said as I approached her. God, that was probably a bit too formal. "Um, yeah, actually. Do you guys have Poltergeist and The Shining?" she asked. "We do actually. Right over here," I said, walking over to a nearby shelf. I grabbed both of the movies and handed them both to her. "Here you go. Is that all?" I asked. "Should be. Hope my friends enjoy them or they'll bitch and whine," she said, smirking. Sounded a bit familiar. 

We walked over to the counter and I checked out the movies for her and she paid me. "These will be due in two weeks on the 20th," I told her. "Got it. Thank you so much!" She was about to walk out when I stopped her. "Wait!" You can do this Steve. "Could I maybe get your number?" I asked. She turned around and was visibly shocked.

"Um, you want my number?" she asked. I probably just fucked this all up. 

"Uh, yeah. And maybe I could take you on a date?" I suggested. Please don't say no.

"I-I.. Yeah, totally! I'd like that," she said. "Great, Friday at 6?" I asked. I handed her a sticky note and a pen so she could write her number on it. "Sounds good. See you tomorrow," she said and walked out of the store.

A wave of relief came over me and I smiled to myself. 

"Good job, dingus. Finally didn't scare a girl away," Robin teased. "Oh shut up," I complained. She laughed and leaned against the counter. "So, when's the date?" she asked. "Tomorrow at 6," I answered. "Don't fuck it up." "I won't fuck it up!" 

-- Y/N's POV --

When I got home I immediately ran upstairs to my room and called my friend Lydia. The phone rang as the cord grazed against my arm.

"Hello?" I heard from the other end.

"Guess what!" I said excitedly.

"What?

"I got asked out by Steve!" I squealed.

"No way!"

"Yes way!"

"That's awesome! It's about time, you've been pining after him for months," she said. "I know. I'm just glad he asked me out because we both know I would have never done it." 

"When's the date?" she asked. "Tomorrow at six! I'm not sure what we're doing though," I replied. "Well, I'm sure it'll be fun. I gotta go, see you later!" "Bye!"

I put the phone down after she hung up and laid down on my bed, resting my head on my pillows. 

I can't believe I got asked out by Steve Harrington. The guy I've been crushing on for months finally asked me out and I couldn't be happier.

--

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for not updating for almost a month but I really am trying to get more parts published. School has been hectic and I've been really busy lately.

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, it's certainly not my best work. Hope you have a great day!

✓| 𝑴𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒓 - 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें