Matt Murdock

Matt was late home. As usual. It never bothered you, him being late, but the injuries did. At first it was just a few bruises, then some minor cuts, but sometimes when he came home, he had large gashes in his torso, and blood trickling from his head. You weren't sure how much longer you could take it. You needed a break, both of you did, Matt so he could heal, you so you could care for him. You acted on impulse, researching nice places for couples to get away, to reconnect, in a way. It was no secret you and Matt were drifting, but you didn't want to lose him. You just wanted him safe.After a while, you decided on Venice. A nice town in Italy, where the two of you could go on romantic little boat rides together, or even just stay in the cosy little hotel room, reigniting the passion from the start of your relationship. You put a deposit down before you could think yourself out of it, for three nights, next month. You knew your passport was up-to-date, but weren't sure about Matts, deciding it was better to give yourself time to check. The moment the confirmation email came through, you hunted for his passport. You found it in the kitchen drawer, and chuckled quietly to yourself at his photo. "What's so funny?" He came in, not broken and bleeding, but holding a bouquet of [Flowers]."Aww, my favourite!" You exclaimed, dodging the question and successfully distracting him. He smiled the smile you loved so much. You were fairly sure you'd fallen in love with his smile, and then fallen for him. He laughed every time you said it. "I smelled them on the way home, thought you'd enjoy something to make this place seem less dull." "It's not dull, love, it's your home. I'm glad you felt ready to share it." You kissed his cheek. Matt had confessed to you his struggles with commitment. You told him you were perfectly happy taking it slow. Four years later, and the two of you had been living together half that time. Matt still worried it was boring for you, his apartment being so bare, despite the constant reassurances you found it fine. 

~~~~

385 Words.

Sorry it took so long! I suck at updating.  I will work on a part two that is you guys in Venice with Matt, but I can make no promises as to when it will be published. Sorry again!