Part 5 | Matthew Murdock

[You're Foggys sibling, and have always harboured a crush on the blind lawyer, but he's always been off-limits. Then one night at Josies you realise he's flirting with you. ] 

You rolled your eyes at Foggys story, telling Matt how your parents wanted him to be a butcher, and you to go off and be a singer. You couldn't even sing that well. Matt, for his part, was giving the same reaction he did every time, shaking his head, and smiling his adorable smile. 
"Fog, nobody cares ma wanted you to be a butcher. You're a lawyer. We get it." You huffed. You worked as a secretary with Karen at Nelson and Murdock, finding it awkward when both you and Matt became the third wheels of the group when she and Foggy started dating. 
"You're just jealous because you dropped out of college." Foggy laughed, and Matt chuckled. 
"Yet I still have a higher intelligence than you." You smirked. 
"I object!" Foggy cried. 
"Overruled." Matt said, a wide smile on his face. "Can't hide from the truth Foggy." 
Foggy laughed, noticing the glasses were empty. "I'll get the next round." He got up, making his way over to the bar. An awkward silence fell. 
"I would say you look lovely tonight.." Matt began. 
"You say that every night, Matty, I get it, you're blind." You smiled when he laughed, pushing his glasses further up his nose. 
"If it helps, you sound amazing." He leaned closer to you. "It's a shame you didn't become a singer, I would've been your biggest fan." You flushed a bright red, eyes dropping to the table. Matt smirked, almost as if he knew, and lent back when Foggy returned. 
"Y/n, how would you like to beat me in a game of pool?" Matt asked after a while. 
"In all truth, Matt, you would win." You looked to the newly vacated pool table. "I suck at this game. Just ask Foggy." 
"It's true, y/n can't even hold the cue." Foggy was clearly drunk, and lived just to embarrass you, you were certain. 
"Well then," Matt gave you such an adorable smile you couldn't help going over to the table with him. "Guess I should teach you then." 
"That'd be nice." You smiled at the taller man. 

You tried to pay attention while he went through the rules, honest, you did, but you were more interested in the way his hair fell slightly into his face, and the way his fingers lightly grazed the cue ball to determine its position. You also were hyper aware every time he corrected your position, the feeling of his chest pressed against your back, his hands over yours, his breath against your neck, the feeling of his lips on your ear as he gave you whispered instructions, just loud enough to hear over the music. Foggy had gone up to get yet another round, and you turned to face Matt, your faces centimetres apart, a noticeable blush on your face as you whispered, "I sunk the 8 ball." 
He chuckled, so close you could feel it in his chest. "Guess Foggy was right." He smirked. "You are terrible at this game." 
"At least I can hold the cue now." You argued. You knew you should really move back, step away from this sexy man, but you couldn't, revelling in the closeness of your bodies, knowing it wouldn't happen again. 
"Guess I should keep teaching you then. Maybe one day you'll not need me." He grinned his boyish smile, moving away, setting the balls up again.
You mourned the loss of his body heat, Josies wasn't exactly known for being warm, but leaned on the cue, watching his careful, yet efficient movements. 
"Lets try it again." He said, returning to your side, helping you to hit the other balls. This time you were determined not to focus on the man, just the game. Yet you still found yourself stealing glances every once in a while. 

The night ended way too quickly, and Foggy was way too wasted to get himself home, so you and Matt bundled him into a cab, and you took Matt up on his offer to walk you home. You talked about nothing and everything at the same time, the conversation flowing easily. The two of you hadn't spent much time as just the two of you, so took the time to really get to know each other, learning as much as you could in the short time you were walking. 
"I had a great time tonight." He said, his stupid grin fixed in place. 
"Me too." You fumbled with your keys. You'd just got them in the lock when Matts fingers brushed your arms, finding your cheek. You turned, confused. He pressed his lips against yours, and you were startled for a moment, then leaned into the kiss, closing your eyes and curling your hands into the hair at the nape of his neck. 

When you finally broke apart, you were both breathing heavily.

"I'll see you tomorrow sweetheart." He kissed your cheek, before giving you his adorable happy smile, and walking off, leaving you to stand there, stunned, your heart and thoughts racing. 

~~

864 words.

Hope you enjoyed!