Chapter 31 - Invisible Assist

Start from the beginning

He obviously knew what was coming as he held his breath until the water surrounded us within the bubble. I wasn't sure if it was Manannan or Shannon that wrapped air around Loki's head, allowing him to breathe. When the tube opened below to allow us to enter, I guided Loki and Shannon with hands on each of them as we sped our way through the network to the commercial exit indicated by the fish glyph.

The bubble brought us up through the exit, then dispersed with a splash.

"That was so cool! It's like a waterslide subway," Shannon said with a bright grin. After a quick shiver of power over her skin, she was dry again.

It never failed to move me, seeing her able to use her abilities so effortlessly compared to the desperate situation we'd faced last year.

Her enthusiasm had me grinning, too. "Since all Fomorians can swim fast and manipulate water, even as babies, it's more efficient than walking when the distances get greater," I told her.

Loki nodded. "It's a clever, effective system." He'd dried himself as well, despite both he and Shannon having changed their attire to mimic our skinsuits and stream-lined armour.

Elada and I shed water from our skin and skinsuits quickly enough that very little remained when we stepped out of the transport circle, except for damp hair. It was such a normal occurrence that if I hadn't been paying attention to Loki and Shannon, I wouldn't have even noticed my hair wasn't dried like theirs. Despite his ability at manipulating air, Manannan didn't seem to care if he was wet or not, with still-damp hair, but little water on his skinsuit. Like us, he spent most of his time going in and out of the water.

With Elada and Manannan chatting and leading the way through the gardens and greenery-covered path towards the shops, I put Loki and Shannon in front of me. Yet it was insanely distracting seeing Loki and Shannon in Fomorian attire.

Loki prowled, every sleek muscle on display. He was dangerous fluid currents in motion, every move seductive. It made my fingertips itch, wanting to reach out to touch him. Despite my fierce attraction and utter inability to ignore how beautifully the skinsuit cupped him, I wasn't sure I'd survive an attempt to do so. As I'd observed last night, he didn't mind combining pain and a hint of cruelty to sharpen the heights of desire. Loki had me breathlessly in awe of his sensual mastery, even when he wielded it with the carnal lethality of an unsheathed blade.

Never had I seen a woman orgasm as long or as hard as Shannon last night. Not even with multiple consorts attempting to bring a woman to that height of pleasure.

Remembering the sight of her snared in his unrelenting erotic grip, my gaze admired the glorious sight of her before me. I'd seen Shannon in a skinsuit last year. She'd attracted my eye from the start with her feisty nature, but she'd been painfully thin and lacking the full curves and elegantly toned limbs she currently sported. Still, I'd been drawn to her. Now... now she was a breathtaking hourglass that made every single male instinct roar with approval. With less bulk to Fomorian armour and the greater definition allowed by the skinsuit design, her lush breasts were displayed to mouth-watering effect.

Shells, but I wanted to pull her clothes off and feast.

I thought I'd be less affected if I walked behind them. Skinsuits didn't hide anything when it came to male anatomy, and I didn't want to gather supplies sporting an obvious erection. Yet, her hips swayed invitingly in front of me, drawing my eye even when I tried to look away.

By the shell, I loved her sexy, heart-shaped ass.

Watching it move enticingly with her every step did nothing to calm my arousal. Fuck, but I wanted to bend her over again and bury my cock in her wet depths the way I had this morning. Surreptitiously, I tried to adjust myself to ease some of the ache. Thinking like this was not helping me calm down.