Chapter Twenty Seven - Athena

"I'm so nervous." I say, looking in the mirror as Love and Amber curl my hair.

Today is the day that I have been waiting for. The day that I marry my soulmate, best friend, and lover. Ace.

My wedding dress is on. It looks like a ball gown except it's more simple and smaller. Of course it's white, it's traditional. I would've chosen red, but I really didn't have a choice against my "Mom" and "Dad".

My makeup is simple and natural. Just mascara, light blush and foundation.

"Done! You're all set!" Amber squeals in excitement, clapping her hands together. I stand up and sigh, letting out some of my nerves.

I can tell Love is about to tell me something but the music me and Ace chose for the ceremony begins.

My heart feels like it has dropped six feet under.

We quickly head downstairs and behind the Kestramore Palace doors, waiting for each of our cews. The bridesmaids, Amber and Love walk down first, and the groomsmen, Roman and Mason.

Theo skips past me with his flower petals down the aisle, not missing a beat at throwing the flowers. He took his job very seriously.

"All rise!" I hear the priest's voice and I know I'm going to cry once I enter. My eyes are already brimming with tears. I can't ruin my makeup!

The doors open and I feel bare and vulnerable in everyone's eyes. Some people gasp and I hear whispers throughout the crowd of chairs.

My eyes immediately meet Ace's and they widen at the sight before me.

Ace Romano has tears running down his face. His lip quivers though I can tell he's trying his best to stop himself. Romano pats his shoulder, he's never been the best at comforting.

I make my way down and all of my anxiety seems to disappear when my hands meet Ace's.

"You look beautiful, love." He whispers.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I give him a smile.

"We have gathered today to cherish this happy couple and celebrate their connection. Marriage is a promise between two people that love and trust each other, and who decide to spend the rest of their lives together. No matter what challenges you face, you will face them together. No matter how much you succeed, you succeed together. The love you two share now joins each other as one." The priest closes his book before looking at Ace.

"Repeat after me, Ace. In the names of the Gods, I, Ace Romano, take you, Athena Dior, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish."

"In the names of the Gods, I, Ace Romano, take you, Athena Dior, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish." Ace's eyes swell up in tears. I can't believe this is happening. Little me would be ecstatic.

The priest looks at me. "Repeat after me Athena, In the names of the Gods, I, Athena Dior, take you, Ace Romano, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish."

"In the names of the Gods, I, Athena Dior, take you, Ace Romano, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish." It comes natural to me, and I mean every single word.

We put on each other's rings and I can immediately feel energy swirl around us.

"You may kiss the bride!" The priest exclaims, smiling.

Ace doesn't hesitate, cupping my face in his hands and smashing his lips on mine. The crowd cheers as our lips stay together as we will.

We walk down the aisle, holding hands and smiling. This has to be the best day of my life. Ace Romano is my husband. Only the luckiest person alive could be able to say that and it be the truth.

When we make it back into the palace, we begin to laugh. We laugh in happiness, we laugh in shock, we laugh in love, we just laugh.

Felicity appears and we stop, still smiling and holding each other's hands.

She snaps and a crown appears in her left hand, and another in her right.

The one in her left hand is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Ity has diamonds running up the sides of it. She places it on my head before announcing, "I name you Queen of Kestramore." She then turns to Ace and puts the golden crown on his head and says, "I name you as King of Kestramore." We couldn't be happier.

" Enjoy your time now until your next prophecy, Queen and King." She then vanishes and oleanders grow beneath us. I frown, confused.

"This isn't over." I whisper as I realize. "Enjoy your time now until your next prophecy" She said. What will the next prophecy be?