𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐚

i'm a shoulder you can cry on

five years later

after a year and a half of dating, Sodapop and Diana decided to get married. they knew very well they were meant for each other.

their wedding was on march 14th, a perfect time in which beautiful flowers would blossom and nature often had new beginnings.  their wedding was a bit small, but not too small of course. the gang was there too, along with Ruth, and even some of Diana's co-workers and her boss. without the gang, the party wouldn't have been chaotic.

after years of saving lots of money, Diana finally bought a house, Sodapop helped too. instead of going off to europe or somewhere else for their honeymoon, they decided to start moving in and decorate the whole house, that's what they were mostly excited for. although it was hard for Diana to say goodbye to her mother as well as her childhood home, she was only happy of getting to live in her own house with the man she really loved. even if Diana moved out, Ruth still came over very often, as well as the gang.

Diana and Thomas never spoke again after meeting again that day. Thomas had actually become broke and very alone, he would eventually pass away after a tough battle with drugs and alcohol, he was forgotten as well since he had no family left.

a while after they got married, they decided to have kids. about a year after the wedding, they had their first child. they had a healthy little girl named Ruth, named after Diana's mother. Ruth looked just like her mother, but acted a whole lot like her father, very bright and giddy.

two years later, they would eventually have their second child, who was a boy. because they couldn't think of any good names for a boy, they had to ask someone in the gang for help and so Darry helped, naming him Edward. Darry was somewhat fond of the name Edward. and yes, Edward was just like his father but a bit more mischievous.

the children liked the gang a lot, even calling them their "uncles". it was pretty reasonable, considering that they were all very, very close.

it was a nice, warm day as it was yet to be spring. Sodapop and Diana, along with the kids were currently visiting the gang. they'd visit the gang almost everyday since they weren't too busy.

"kids, i want y'all to behave. don't make uncle Dally mad again like last time when y'all drew on his face with markers while he was asleep" Diana warned, trying her absolute best not to laugh. "we won't do it again mommy" Ruth said. as soon as Ruth spoke, Edward and Ruth immediately ran inside the house, chasing Ponyboy, who was still a good runner.

"these kids are just like you, they'll never get old" Diana looked at Sodapop, giggling. "it runs in the family sweetheart" he said, kissing Diana's cheek. "are you two gonna come inside? y'all 'bout to miss the game" Steve yelled. "hold on Steve!" they yelled at the same time.

"we should get inside" Sodapop whispered. "yeah" Diana nodded. they soon walked inside, only to be greeted by the guys horsing around, along with the kids.

THE END

this is it guys ☹️

this is it guys ☹️

author's note is gonna have a whole lot of stuff and will reveal my next fan fic

stay gold 💗

~ alma