𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐦 𝐢 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

when all that i've been living for is gone

Diana had been waiting nearly two hours for Thomas to come down to the dinner table, she was holding a glass with the best wine there ever was in illinois. she was sitting down quietly and patiently, until she heard something unexpected.

she started hearing grunts and moans come from upstairs, so Diana decided to see if the rumours were actually true. lately, people would not stop talking about Thomas and how he apparently had an affair behind Diana's back.

as Diana walked upstairs, she heard more moans and grunts. it possibly came from the office because that's where Thomas was most of the time. so Diana opened the door just a little bit and saw Thomas fucking his so called secretary. the rumors were true.

Diana quickly opened the door, Thomas's eyes going wide, his lover looked afraid once she saw Diana, who was furious. "Diana!" Thomas yelled as he started putting his clothes on. "no Thomas, i don't want to hear it," Diana shook her head as she crossed her arms.

"are you being unfaithful because i don't wanna have sex with you? is that it?" Diana asked. "no," Thomas shook his head, looking away. "you look at me! you're a backstabbing no good brute and i want you away from me!" Diana yelled. as soon as she said that, she felt something hard hit her cheek.

when she looked up, she looked at Thomas, who's hand was up. Diana simply looked at him, shaking her head. "Diana.. i'm sorry!" Thomas began to plead. "i want a divorce" she said. "fine if that's what you want!" Thomas yelled. "you disgust me anyways" he said.

"me? i disgust you? you'll have none of me, but you'll stay here all night looking at your hideous secretary! you dirty swine! i hate you! i hated when you kissed me with those dirty lips of yours that probably had your secretary's lipstick on it, i only did it because you wanted me to and i dealt with it! after you kissed me, i would wipe my mouth. wipe my mouth! you know what you are? a monster!" Diana yelled.

"i've had enough of your bullshit! i want you out of here tonight!" Thomas yelled as he stormed off, possibly going back to fucking his secretary.

"fine, i'll go!" Diana yelled. now that Thomas finally left, Diana took the advantage to call her mother, hoping she'd recognize her voice after six years without any communication.

Diana began to dial her mother's number, her hand being shaky for some reason. it didn't take that long for Diana's mother to answer. "Ruth Peterson, how can i help you?" she asked. "mother," Diana started, smiling a bit. it was the first time that Diana had smiled in years. "Diana?" Ruth asked. "yes mom it's me" Diana nodded.

"how are you? where have you been? how's Thomas?" Ruth asked, it was clearly obvious that she really missed her. "i've been alright. i'm in illinois and well.. i wanna come back to tulsa" Diana smiled. "you will? honey that's great! i could make some room at home for you and—" Ruth said, but was interrupted by Diana. "mother, Thomas and i are getting divorced" she said.

"what happened? the last time i saw you both, y'all were in love" Ruth asked. "that's what i thought, but he cheated on me. he wants me out of this house tonight. so i'm going back to tulsa" Diana said. "if you want, you can come home. your room is still the same as it was when you left" Ruth offered. "sure mother. i'd like that" Diana nodded. "great! i'll make sure to clean the house and get it all ready for you" Ruth said.

"alright, thanks mother. i gotta start packing, i'll see you soon mother" Diana smiled. "see you soon Di" Ruth said. Diana hung up and quickly ran upstairs, ready to pack. luckily Diana didn't have a whole lot to pack, considering that Thomas never wanted waste his money on his own wife, but Diana didn't care.

Diana grabbed her clothes and her other pair of shoes and stuffed them in her suitcase. she also grabbed one of Thomas's pack of cigarettes, now beginning to have a high desire for a smoke.

and while she was there, she took off her wedding ring and threw it over to what was her bed. after Diana walked out of her room, she saw Thomas's lover who walked over to her and said, "your husband was great" and then walked away. Diana rolled her eyes and walked over to Thomas, who looked at her. "you're not the man i thought i met seven years ago," Diana said as she walked away, suitcase in hand.

"Diana, i love you" Thomas said, now wanting her to come back, considering what he did. "no you don't, and i don't love you either. i better leave now," Diana shook her head. "can i have my key back?" she asked, holding her hand out. Thomas didn't even say anything, he grabbed Diana's car keys from his drawer and gave it to Diana and finally let her go.

Diana put her suitcase on the backseat of her blue ramber car, then started the car. she finally smelled freedom in the air, and was able to smell even more of it as she drove and drove.

she slightly felt alive again, relieved that she was finally able to leave that house that she saw as a prison. the wind blew her hair, the nicest feeling especially when going on a car ride.

all Diana wanted was to have another sip of wine.

surpriseeee

i know this chapter was a lot, but it'll better eventually 😍

have a nice day/night

stay gold

~ alma