She was still blushing and somehow lost for words, when he pinched playfully her nose and left the bedroom.

"I hope French Toast is okay?", she heard him calling from the living-area.

"Perfect.", she muttered and fell back into the covers, exhaling a deep breath she didn't know she had been holding.

—-

They didn't talk for a while, sitting in bed, having breakfast and watching the news on TV. Stevie was still naked underneath the covers and they hadn't talked about what had happened last night yet.

"Stevie?"

She closed her eyes in response when she heard his voice, bracing herself for what was going to come next.

"Mmmm.."

"I... We need to talk."

"I know."

"Can you... Can you please turn around and look at me?", Lindsey asked, clearly feeling uncomfortably asking her that.

"Sure.", she turned around, shutting off the TV and looking him directly in the eyes.

"Look..-"

"Lindsey, don't! Just don't!", she said, holding up a hand to silence him, "I know what is going to come, okay? This was an one-night stand! We just... We just got down memory lane and it... It went too far. I get it! It won't happen again! I know you have a wife and family.. It's okay! It's not going to be awkward, I promise."

"I...", he stuttered, "I'm sorry.."

"Don't be."

"Do you regret it?", he asked sheepishly.

"No. Do you?", she said boldly.

"No."

She smiled in response and ran her right hand through his disheveled hair.

"I missed seeing you like this.. I already forgot how ruffled your hair is early in the morning.."

"And I already forgot how beautifully you look early in the morning..", he said, took her hand and kissed it.

"Don't, Linds..", she said, lowering her eyes and pulling her hand out of his grip.

"I'm sorry.", he said again, "I'm not used to this kind of things anymore.."

"Haven't had an one-night stand in awhile?"

"Haven't had any since I'm married.", he admitted honestly.

"You never...-?", her voice trailed off.

"Never. I'm usually no cheater. You should know that."

"Oh God..", she exclaimed and covered her face with her hands.

"What's wrong?"

"That means that I am the one who made you cheat on your wife!"

"No, it's not like that, Stevie.", he tried to soothe her.

"Yes, it is!"

"No. I wanted it. I wanted you."

"But my letter..-"

"I was never supposed to see it, remember? It's not your fault!"

"Lindsey, I...", she started but he put an finger on her lips, shaking his head while hushing her.

"Don't, Stevie. You're ruining it."

"I'm ruining it?", she asked softly.

"Yes, you do. It was a beautiful night. We had fun. It was wonderful to have you in my arms again and I wouldn't want to miss it anymore. It's just... It can't happen again."

"I know.", she nodded lightly.

"I just hope we can go back to.. You know, being friends? I mean, it's not the first time this happens between us and usually.. Well, usually we didn't speak to each other for months...", he said with a pleading look in his eyes.

"I promised it won't be awkward, remember?", she smiled sadly.

"Can we keep this promise?"

"I hope so."

"It's never been easy with us.."

"That's true!", she laughed, "We're artists. Means, we're dramatic and passionate!"

"Especially you!", he chuckled and pinched her nose again.

"Hey!", she slapped his arm, "What is that supposed to mean, Mr. Tantrum?!"

"Mr. Tantrum?! Oh, I get you for that one!", he shouted playfully and tackled her, so she rolled on her back with him atop of her, tickling her again.

"Lindsey!", she squeaked and slashed around herself.

And then it happened. He brushed her over sensitive breasts underneath the bedsheets and felt her nipples instantly hardening under his touch.

Both of them stopped. There was a dead silence.

He looked down at her. Their faces barely an inch apart, his hand still settled on her left breast. Suddenly, he got very aware of the fact that she was still completely naked underneath the bedcovers. Her breathing was deep but slowly quickening. Lindsey looked deeply into her eyes, searching for some kind of a reaction, anything, but for the first time, he had no idea what was going on inside of her head. And as if his hand had become autonomous, his fingers slid around her breast, circling her nipple. She quivered in response and he saw her flesh crawling by his touch, her nipples peaking even more. He didnt stop, couldn't stop, instead lowered his head and pressed his lips onto hers. She reacted instantly, returning his kiss, and almost simultaneously both of them parted their lips and granted each other entrance. Stevie moaned into his mouth when he lightly, and only lighty, rolled her left nipple between three fingers. Quickly, her hands found their way underneath his shirt, running up and down his back, gently scratching, feeling him. And soon, their lightly touching grew into a full make-out session, when Lindsey nuzzled her neck, sucking and biting her soft flesh while she squeezed his behind through his sweatpants, lustfully moaning in his ear.

"We have to stop...", he mumbled but not backing off, "I don't want to stop..", he ran his tongue along her jawline.

"Then don't..", she whispered with her eyes closed, enjoying his touch.

"We have to...", he muttered, their lips finding each other again, their tongue meeting, dancing between their kissing lips, "...stop!"

Lindsey backed off and looked at her, "I need to leave."

"I know.", she said, pulling up the covers again to hide her exposed cleavage from his eager eyes.

"I'm so sorry."

"I know."

Stevie turned her head away while he climbed out of the bed, adjusting his t-shirt that she had pulled up to his neck in the heat of the moment.

"Tell me, we're okay..", he said with his hand on the doorhandle, anxiously looking back at her.

She turned her head once again, their eyes meeting each other.

"We're okay."

—————————————————————————-

I hate excusing myself all the time but I'm really busy at the moment. :) I hope you still enjoy this story?