Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

And now...

"I did love you Katherina. You made me feel again. You made me want to wake up the next morning and see what new adventure was there waiting for me."

She wanted to beg, she wanted to cry. Then why did you leave me!

She left the Darkness lurking behind her; his shadows close but never touching. His eyes stared at her but she wouldn't meet them. Her eyes gazed down to her feet, the storm becoming more and more louder and snow began to fall once more.

Katherina hated the cold. She hated Winter.

"When I found out you were the daughter of two Fae who ruined my life, I couldn't think." Ziv spoke, but their voice sounded strange to her. As though it was muffled.

"Your Mother was dead, Your Father had his powers back; I stood no chance to win any battle. And whenever I looked at you, all I saw was them and slowly I grew to hate you and everything you stood for."

"And the Darkness helped you."

"He hates me. Always has, always will and when he found me days after my 'death', he kept quiet because he is a selfish god who wanted to keep you all to himself."

"I mourned you." She missed them.

There was no empathy in their voice. "I know."

Electricity sparked in the air and the storm roared.

"Katherina?"

Her eyes snapped towards Caldor's voice and there he stood, surrounded by Hemera, Thea, Sahar. Why were they here?

"Ziv?" Thea gasped, sorrow written in her expression and she stumbled back into Sahar's arms. His own shocked.

Hemera looked livid. "You're alive.."

"They were never dead." Katherina hissed and she ate at their betrayed faces. She wanted them to hurt. To understand half of the pain and anger she left at the news but Caldor didn't flinch.

His warm eyes onto her and her appearance reflecting back at her.

She looked like her Father back under the Mountain.

Unrecognizable.

Ziv looked sad at their reaction. What about her? "I never meant to hurt you all, you were just a minor inconvenience."

"We mourned you!" Hemera yelled.

"How dare you.." Sahar hissed.

Katherina couldn't meet Caldor's eyes. He looked afraid. Scared.

He should be.

Katherina clutched her head. The voices became louder and louder, whispering in her ear. Confirming what was Katherina's biggest fear.

Her friend had betrayed her. Laughed at her pain and brushed it off as nothing but revenge.

What if they would too? What if Caldor, Thea, Herma, Sahar- what if they would leave her too?

No. No. She couldn't let that happen. She won't let that happen.

Show them.

Katherina tried to block the sound of screaming and hurt. She couldn't handle this, she couldn't breathe.

Stop. Make this-

All.

"STOP!"

Fire lit up all around her, lighting shaking the sky and she shined like a burning star. Katherina yelled so hard her voice broke into uncontrollably sobs.