𝐢𝐯. fight, fight, fight

Start from the beginning

Red wanted to run over there and pull Topper aside, He had such a short fuse that he'd say things he'll regret.

Now, the crowd started to chant "Fight, fight, Fight!"

Couldn't they see that that was what they were already doing?

John B looked up at Topper's words, hurt in his eyes, but he refused to let a kook see him cry.

As Topper looked between Sarah and Red, John B jumped up to his feet and pulled Topper down to the spot on the ground the blonde boy had previously put him in.

The two rumbled it out, refusing to let the other win. Topper was trying to 'protect' Sarah, and maybe try not to bruise his ego. And John B was doing it for his dad.

Kicking and punching and pain was all Red could observe between the battle.

Soon, John B brought Topper to the water, begging him to try it again.

Topper did so, He brought himself onto his feet and went harder than before on John B, Sarah's voice became shaky and nervous as she begged him to stop.

Topper was looking for more than just injuring the Routledge boy, he was trying to drown him now.

"Topper stop!" Red finally yelled after minutes of dreadful silence.

The blonde didn't even acknowledge her. He had gone too far into the battle by now.

But neither of them made Red's blood freeze over.

JJ brought himself over to Topper with a gun in his hand. He clicked the safety off, and put the gun to his head.

The crowd began running, scared, But Red along with Pope and Kiara rushed over to JJ, still holding a gun to the kook's head.

Red couldn't stay there any longer, she exchanged looks for a split second with the boy, unaware of what he was going to do, and ran into the bathroom located on the beach, not far from where the kook lay at gunpoint.

All Red could hear, all Red wanted to hear, was two gunshots and faint JJ yelling.

She sat on top of the toilet in the nasty bathroom and covered her ears, sobbing in fear.

What did JJ do?

Before she could think, her stall door swung open, revealing Kie, who probably saw her leave.

She bent down in front of the girl, still on the toilet.

"What- What did he do?" Red's voice shook.

Kiara shook her head, "He didn't hurt him."

Red let out a relieved breath. "Thank God."

"You okay?" Kie asked. "You should really be careful."

Red looked up, "Why?"

"Around JJ, you never know what's gonna happen." She explained. "He wouldn't hurt a fly, unless he had to. But He likes you. Like a lot."

"How do you know that?" Red asked, she was still scared, but she felt relieved that Topper was alive and that JJ apparently liked her.

"Please, I've seen the way his face lights up even at the mention of your name, including the color itself." Kie smiled. "He also stopped flirting with me since you came along."

"So today?"

"Yeah, not even a flirty comment." Kie's face fell. "Which brings me to something I want to let you in on. You can't tell Shoupe."

Red laughed slightly, "Don't worry. I've been around Bennie her whole life, I pick some skill up when it comes to not snitching and going with the flow."