CHAPTER 4: CAMP FIRE JAM

I headed out to my cabin to see Caitlyn when I pass Shane's room, I heard a sound of strumming guitars that was a bit different to the things I also heard to Shane's music

" That's cool, It's like your old stuff." I said leaning in the door and walk towards him and went to sit down beside him.

" Yeah, I was thinking the group could change up our sound. Do some different stuff." He shrug and continue to play the guitar with the same sound.

" So, you coming up to the camp fire?" I ask him hoping he will go.

" Yeah, right." He said scoffing to my question. 

" All right then you seat here by yourself superstar, cause you're right way cooler." I mockingly said to him. As I stand up from the chair and when I was almost to the door, I look back to him.

" I forgot to mention, I'll be performing tonight. If you want to make it up to me for ignoring me for two years, you should come." I reminded him and went to find Caitlyn to practice more for the performance later.

I was at the side of the stage of the Camp Fire with Caitlyn beside me as we waited for Dee to start the show. I saw Dee going up the stage.

" So we call this the Camp Fire Jam. It's all about expression, the freedom to be who you really want to be. Hit it!." Dee said as the crown applaud. Caitlyn points to side when we saw Tess with her group with Mitchie entering the stage. Tess went last when the song started.

I didn't get why Mitchie, Peggy and Ella have to be their if they just sang backup. I mean Mitchie and the others have a great voice but I just feel disappointed to see that Tess just wants the attention to herself. 

I also want to wipe those arrogant smiles of hers when she saw Shane having a great time to her performance, well at least he showed up or I will get angry at him again.

Caitlyn and I waited for them to leave the stage. I just rolled my eyes to Tess when she pass by. Caitlyn stops Mitchie by grabbing her arm.

" So did you enjoy singing back up?" Caitlyn ask to her and Mitchie just stuttered walking away from the both of us.