Do you believe these???

"You will meet your soul mate soon" Monami read

Do you even believe in these???monami asked and crushed the paper and threw it on the floor....

Karan let out a small smile and picked up the crumbled paper....and opened and folded it and tucked it in his shirt front pocket....

Why , you don't???? Karan asked meekly...

Small kids believe in these bakwas, hum toh adults hai na....monami retorted sipping her tea....

Karan gave a weak smile....isme adults kids wali baath kaha se agayi...ye toh.... apki soch ki baat hai na..Its a matter of whether you believe it or not....

 Monami smiled and rubbed her lips with her tongue as if slightly mocking him...

Its just a fortune cookie Karan....Aisa cookie iss cafe main sab ko milta hai...to kya sab apne soulmates se milne wale hai kya?? Monami asked sarcastically.

Karan gave a small smile , knowing he cannot make her believe in love .

Monami from the start was a self made woman..a confident and independent girl and a girl who hated to love a girl who despised attention...a perfect modern woman yet with a huge devoid in her heart.

It was like she had no heart and she would not feel anything for anyone. A heart that beats for the sake of beating without emotions and attachment to any other.

They both got up and left the cafe.

Karan took the wheels and monami sat beside him in the car and they drove the way to office .

Karan and monami knew each other from college and had joined the same office.

Monami had a good friend in Karan, while Karan had fallen in love with her at first glance, and have silently loved her ever since knowing well how much she hates to love....

They were driving .....

Karan: Why do you hate so much to love??or to be loved???

 Monami still now who was glued to her phone glared at karan...

Karan saw her eyes and focused on the road, he knew he had pulled a wrong string, but someday this talk had to be done with her.

Karan adjusted her voice and continued not meeting her eyes ... You know all men are not same right??? he asked slowly and hesitantly...

Monami gave a small meek smile... I know Karan.... she said softly...

Karan stopped the car on the sideways and switched on the parking lights... Toh fir??? THen why can't you love people and let people love you?? he asked keeping his palm on her lap gently with all the care in his eyes...

Monami choked seeing his eyes...her eyes welled up waiting to tear up any moment...and her lips shook for she too knew this was coming up..She too knew Karan loved her and somewhere, sometime this situation would arise and she would lose her bestfriend...

Monami did fear that karan would propose her someday and she would have to say no and hurt him. Its not that she did not like Karan it was more of her in the doubt and dilemma about her life and things that had happened to her in her past.

Monami quickly threw his palm out of her lap and got out of her car and slammed the door...

Karan too got out hastily and walked to the other sidde of the car...Monami quickly  moved not wanting  to face karan, but karan held her arms and gently pushed her to the car...