Are you there?? Or, just a figment of my imagination??

The phone rang....Monami rushed and took the phone. It has been 3 months and whenever her phone rang she has always hoped one thing to be heard and finally there it was the news that her  ears were longing for to hear...and had finally heard it..  A call from Mr. Batra to tell her about the whereabouts of Karan Shergil

She frantically searched for her purse...and after a five mins of search she found it . She opened it and there it was ... a picture of him, her love, her solace , everything.. Karan Shergill.. She rubbed her fingers over the photo and immediately a tear ran down her cheeks. she wiped and took her wallet and closed her door and rushed out of their apartment and locked it . She ran to the car park where sid was waiting for her . both of them immediately rushed into the car and sid just speeded up..

Sid while driving saw a restless monami and gently kept his fingers on her hand so that it could be of some assurance.. monami too nodded and wiped her tears. No matter how hard she tried to hold her teras back it just kept on pouring. and why not she had held it for some days now her suppressed agony just found a new way out of her eyes...

 Sid :  mil tho gaya na vo... monami wiped her tears

****************Flashback************

Monami was waiting with a samll bouquet in her hand all excited!!..to meet karan..

After 3 whole months karan was back and she could not wait to meet him. The troops slowly came out...Monami eagerly stood on her toe to get a first glimpse of her karan, but then a soldier came and hindered her sight..

Soldier:  Mrs.Shergill???

 Monami at first did not want to answer as she thought she will miss to see the first sight of him but the soldier was like standing in front of her face. She lowered her toes and with a smile said  Yes

The soldier nodded  Madam aapko Batra sir milna chahthein!!

Monami still looking here and there.. Par ab karan ayega na ?!? abhi mila na hai!!

Soldier gulped in his gut  Yes mam abhi  He said meekly..

Monami  still couldnot find karan decided to meet Mr.. Batra..

The soldier directed her to Dr. Batra's cabin..

She entered and Mr. Batra asked her take her seat..

She graciously smiled and sat on the chair..

Mr. Batra could openly see her excitement and swallowed his guilt...

His voice broke as he said  Dekho monami karan ...karan troops ke saath wapas nahi aya hai...

 Monami's mind knew something but her wanted to negate the possibility so came up with a childish question vo doosre troops ke saath aa raha kya??

 Mr. Batra sighed at her restless and her facade  No monami vo mission ke dhuran kaya gaya kuch pata nahi chala ...baki soldiers ka yahi manna hai ki vo ek bomb blasst mein....

Monami dropped the  bouquet and her eyes immediately welled up and her body had lost its senses...

Mr. Batra continued  Par body abhi tak mili nahi hai...hum log dund rahe hain...

Monami could not hear more , she stood up from the chair and slowly inched out of the room lifeless..

***************Present day*********

From that day to this eventful day she has waited patiently for him to get any news on him. It was like her whole life purpose was to find what happened to him. In these days she herself has questioned her what if she finds Karan's body , what will she do afterwards?? will she have any purpose to her life??! and the worse dreaded thought that made her life hel, What if she never finds out what happened to Karan???

With so much dilemmas and disturbing thoughts she had somehow managed to vile away  the time. and it had taken a toll on her for sure.. she had grown way leaner and and her eyes were just moving noone could say whether her pupils are capturing the sight and seeing whats in front of her or just moving..

But all her suffering may come to an end as she now is going to meet Mr. Batra . Will the sufferings end her heart pounded...as much as she needed closure she had dreaded this day..

The car stopped they were at his office she sighed...and loosened herself ...and got out...Her heart thumped with every step that she took to Mr. Batra's Cabin..

 And there she was opening the door gently , and slowly inched towards the room braving herself to whatever the harsh reality that Mr. Batra may throw next.

Mr. Batra asked her to sit she too took the chair..

Mr. Batra without breaking the silence called someone on the phone and asked them to come...

The more the tension the more her eyes welled up..she adjusted her throat...

Someone entered and stood behind her in the cabin...

Monami gulped in her saliva  Dekhiye sir aap jo bhi hai batadijiye...main yeh suspense aur handle nahi karpaungi..please She pleaded 

Mr. Batra gently  Teek hai turn around and see it for yourself

Monami felt sudden wave of blood go through her body..her lips were shivering... She slowly turned around and closed her eyes tight.. She did not want to see...

She  sighed and a lone tear dropped from her eyes .. and gathered some courage and slowly opened her eyes..

As soon as she opened her eyes ..her eyes widened on the sight of what was infront of her ...

She was stunned she did not know how to react...

She touched his shoulders, it felt real, He was karan shergill in the real form for sure...

But she did not want to jump in conclusions..it might also be her illusion she thought to herself and quickly she turned to Mr. Batra for an explanation.

Mr. Batra:  Vo karan hi hai monami itne din jungle mein chup kar baki mission kar raha tha..abhi complete karke aya hai...

Her brain stopped working and could not comprehend things on what she heard... She was suppose to smile and be happy she was indeed happy but the trauma she had faced last 3 months had not let her emotions to soak in..

Mr. Batra smiled  Ok will give you two some space  and closed Monami's mouth and smiled at karan and left 

She again saw karan and took her index finger and touched his face  Are you there?? or just a figment of my imagination??? She asked..

Karan gave out a weak smile and hugged her...

Monami too slowly hugged him slowly and felt his heat the one she dearly missed and inhaled his scent... You  are really here!!! Tum zinda Ho!!!  She said still hugging him and crying  .

While karan ruffled her hair gently and lifted her slightly and just tightened his grip and held her as close to his body as possible reliving her of stress and of her delusions and the trauma she had felt all these months

***********************************

That's all for this OS Guys..

Had this idea since the OS Contests 

Hope you like it.

Drop in your thoughts...