4.realisation

A/N: Too short!
  •──────────────────────•

Taehyung can't sleep. Nothing is fine. Everything's a mess and Taehyung doesn't know how to deal with it.

He is lying in his bed, curled up. They had a concert today and he can't stop replaying that one moment.

He was sitting on the stage and Jungkook sat in his lap. He sat in his LAP! And his cheeks bloom with colour every time he thinks about it. He feels restless, he doesn't know what to do with all the blush and heart flutter.

He picks up his phone. He needs a distraction, he opens twitter and it was probably the worst mistake he's made because his tl is full of that moment. And he sees it from people's eyes, Jungkook smiling, a faint blush on both their cheeks, he can't see it because of the makeup but he knows it, if he was blushing Jungkook was too.

He wants an explanation so he demands one. He goes to Jungkook's bedroom. He doesn't know how this will turn out, if they'll get more awkward or if it will stay the same. He doesn't know. He doesn't even know why he wants an explanation, maybe it's just this need he has to interact with Jungkook after a long day.

He knocks on the door, anticipation filling him, he wonders what Jungkook would look like when he opens the door and suddenly he feels conscious of how he looks like, right now. It was never this deep; they'd even showed up to each other's room in the most dishevelled looks, when either of them had a nightmare or when they were unable to fall asleep, to wake each other up or in face masks.

They've seen it all but Taehyung can't help but wonder now how Jungkook felt when he went to him in his most vulnerable state. He remembers how he felt when Jungkook used to come to him and when they shared the same bed. All he could think at that moment was 'protect',  'don't let him cry more' and 'keep him safe'. He belatedly realises how he's the reason why Jungkook might be sad now.

When Jungkook does open the door, he looks nothing like Taehyung imagined he would, at all. He didn't expect a shirtless Jungkook blinding him.
  •────────❅❀❅────────•