the only girl

(jino's monologue)

We had seven girls in Vampfield.

We weren't very close with them but they were still somewhat family. They lived with us, ate with us, and sometimes played with us.

Until they slowly disappeared, one by one.

None of us knew what happened, but Marge would escort them outside the orphanage at random times and return alone by the end of the day.

"She's been adopted," was what she always said.

We were given the impression that we would get adopted one day, yet those six girls were the only ones to have properly left Vampfield.

Dara was left all alone.

She slept alone, spent time alone, ate alone, and was treated harsher because she was a girl.

"Hey Dara, do you wanna play?" and that's when we took her in.

She's not the youngest, but she's our baby.

werewolves are living beings too

(heli's monologue)

There was something strange about Dara.

She used to hate werewolves just as much as us, especially when we were in Vampfield. But she suddenly had a change in perspective.

We figured that it was because of her many romance books. Jaan said he saw a supernatural one once.

Though that night at the alley...

She wasn't just calm around them, she managed to calm them down too.

And the look on Khan's face showed a soft emotion.

"What happened to her arm?" why did he ask? What's with the hard expression?

"Hey Dara, what do you think about werewolves?" Solon asked.

"Werewolves... Well they're a bit scary but honestly we are too," Dara shrugged. "I heard they've got quite a temper at times."

"Is that it? You don't hate them at all?" Solon watched as she was thinking of something else to say.

"Of course I don't particularly like them as a vampire.." she lifted her head to look at him. "But werewolves are living beings too," she smiled softly.

 "But werewolves are living beings too," she smiled softly