✩ don't leave

: mini chapters
italics dialogue = english

there was a moment when della wanted to leave the group

! i decided to make a separate wp book for the 18+ chapters instead of just on tumblr, you can find it in my profile !

"I'm so sorry, guys," Alice sniffled. She couldn't stop crying. Her dream of becoming a singer is now long gone. She's going back home and virtually becoming a mother.

"Don't apologise, noona," Jungwon rubbed her shoulder. "It couldn't be helped. You're doing the right thing. It takes a lot of guts."

"Good luck you with everything," Della was just staring at her fingers. She was in shock, she couldn't even cry.

"Yeah. Good luck guys," she suddenly let out.

"What?" everyone turned to her in confusion.

"You'll probably work better as a boy group anyw-"

"No. Fucking. Way, Della. No," Jay's voice was hard. He was almost angry, but he was far more hurt. "We lost one member, we can't lose you too."

"What group has seven male members and only one gir-"

"Us! Enhypen! We have seven boys and one girl," Heeseung sounded desperate. "Della, we can't lose you too. We can't."

"They need you, Delle. You can't just leave," Alice's heart clenched even more.

"Seven boys and one girl! We won't even be considered as a co-ed group! You won't be placed into an award show-"

"That doesn't fucking matter!" Sunoo's voice boomed, surprising everyone. "Della. We. Need. You. We can barely do this without noona, how are we gonna do this without one more member?" his voice cracked in the end.

Niki wanted to say something. He didn't want Della to leave but he didn't know what he can say that hasn't been said yet.

"Don't leave, Lala. Please," so he chose to hug her tight.

"I swear- Della- you worked so hard to get here. You can't just leave because of something as simple as 'there's no such thing as a group with all boys and one girl,'" Jake can't look up from the floor. "I-Land only had four girls among twenty-three boys. There's a possibility of having only one girl to debut from the start."

"But you still didn't-"

"I'm so sorry Delle but if you leave too, I swear to God, I will never forgive myself," Alice stared into her eyes. "I'm really, really sorry it had to be this way but please. Don't give up your dream just because I have to with mine," and that's when it hit Della.

"No. You're not making it about you," Sunghoon said firmly before she could say anything. "Yes it's noona's issue but right now, it involves you too. You're not being selfish," he knows her too well.

"I-" Della kept blinking back the tears after that. "I'm so sorry," she sniffled and wiped the few tears that escaped. "You're right. I can't. So many people wished to be in my position and it's unfair for me to quit just like that."

"I love you, Delle. You're gonna be amazing," Alice immediately hugged her (also making Niki let go). "You need to live my dream on. I'll feel content with just seeing you succeed."

"Okay, unnie. I will. I'm sorry," Della hugged her tighter. "But no matter what, Enhypen will forever be nine."

requested:
• della having an urge to leave and the boys encourage her not to •