Chapter 15

I kept looking at her face noting the expressions of wincing, frowning, pouting and blowing over my small wounds

I kept looking at her face noting the expressions of wincing, frowning, pouting and blowing over my small wounds. We both were sitting on my bed as she applied ointment over my wounds, it wasn't hurting much so I didn't even flinch but she kept wincing as soon as the ointment touched my knuckles.

I was smiling silently just looking at her—her beautiful face. I wasn't able to see anything but her beautiful Face, and I wasn't even able to understand what was happening to me. Why do I feel sad when she does? Why do I feel content when she is near me when her obsidian eyes bore into mine when her scent invades my sense?

I wasn't exactly fond of short hair, but when I looked at it didn't matter because it looks perfect on her, I just can't imagine how she will look with long hair. Except for her short hair, she seems like my ideal type.

Charming personality? Check.

Fashion sense? Check

Cute and kind? Check

Cold from the outside but the kind from the inside? Check. It was evident when I saw her talking with her landlord the other day. I could literally see fear in the old lady's eyes and I even heard her words, she can be really cold and scary when needed.

Knows how to spend money? I don't know that she wears amazing clothes like expensive brands, even without checking I can see. Studies at Stanford Business school drives a mini cooper but works in a café. She is such a mystery.

"Dawn," I called her deciding to ask this, I can't hold it inside now. "I have got a question if you don't mind me asking..."

"Sure, go ahead." She nodded as she kept the ball of cotton in a bowl.

"Who are you?"

"Wh—What?" She stammered as her eyes snapped up at me. She stared at me in shock, like she is not able to believe what I just asked.

"Who are you, Dawn?" I asked once more, but this time I elaborated on it. "You're full of secrets. I don't even know your real name, but just your Alias name Dawn. You study business in Standford, dress in expensive clothes, and drive a Mini Cooper but work in a café? How is that possible? A person who works in a café won't be able to afford to study at Stanford or dress in expensive clothes or drive a Mini Cooper. So who are you?"

She remained silent for a long time then sighed and said, "My real name is Shiya Saathvik. The daughter of a prominent businessman in India, Saathvik Suresh and one of the most famous councillor Shreyanvi Saathvik and the baby sister of one of the best heart surgeons, Siddharth Saathvik. This is me—the real me."

Wow, I never thought she is a famous person from India.

"Shiya means Snow at the Dawn and lucky for someone, that's why I call myself Dawn. It has another story behind it, for some other day," She waved it away, "I didn't like the fame given to me, especially when someone treats me nice just because I'm a Saathvik so I hid my identity. And to study peacefully without any marriage proposals, a risk to image and judging eyes, my family announced that I'm in Singapore with Tani but instead I came here... to hide."