𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

Age: 14
Warnings: cuteness and then sadness
Summary: it's nat's birthday
Perspective: First
——————————————

       DECEMBER 3, 2022

Today was the big day, Mom's birthday, which means I have to make sure this day is special. I have the entire day planned out so far. First, I plan to wake mom up with breakfast in bed and then some fun activities for us all to do and end today off with a big surprise. I have the entire family- well remaining family in on it to ensure that today is special for her.

The blip has been hard on mom but I'm not going to let that stop today from being perfect. I just woke up and climbed out of bed. Its currently 8am and I start walking towards my moms room. I make sure she is still sleeping, which she is. Mom is not really a morning person. She has a hard time sleeping at night so she can never wake up early in the morning.

I head down to the kitchen and begin making her a big breakfast filled with all of her favorite things. I start by making waffles, pouring the batter into the heated pan. It takes about 15 minuets to finish the waffles. I grab 2 pieces of bread sticking them into the toaster. Once the toast pops up I cover each side with peanut butter and pour a glass of juice for her. I grab the card I made her, it has a picture of me and her drawn onto the front cover. I place the card down onto the tray along with the food and a flower. Every year on her birthday I make sure to get her favorite flowers.

I start walking up the stairs of the empty compound, making my way to my mothers room. Once at her door I look in to realize she is no longer in her bed. I hear the toilet flush and she walks out shortly after. Placing the tray on the side table I bring my mom into a tight hug. She has a surprised look on her face as if she wasn't expecting anything. "Happy birthday мама" I say looking up at her lovingly. She looks back down at me, returning the hug. "Aw Детка, you didn't have to do any of this I would've been fine just hanging out with you"

"Ya well I'm still gonna hang out with you plus it was fun" I say to her as we both sit down back on the bed and she begins eating, occasionally feeding me a bite or two.

After we finish eating, mom tells me to go get dressed. Once we are both ready it was time for part 2 to the plan. "Okay mom let's go!" I say walking into her room as she finished brushing her hair. "Where are we going?" She said giving me a confused look. "That's for me to know and you to find out." I smirk, walking out expecting her to follow me out. She rolls her eyes before following me.

We get in the car and I direct her where to go. Once we make it to our destination, the park. I start walking over to the picnic blanket and basket I had set up. Sitting on the blanket is none other than Steve Rogers. As soon as mom noticed him her smile instantly grew.

We all sat and talked for about an hour. Without my mothers knowledge we were secretly keeping her busy so the rest of our plan could be executed.

By the time we left it was 4 and we began heading back to the compound, Steve tagging along with us. While mom and Steve took the front seats I sat in the back texting the group chat alerting the others we were on our way.

We had finally arrived to the house and everyone was in position. Mom turned the key and opened the door. She walked through the dark house and flipped the light switch. A loud roar of voices roared as everyone jumped up from their hiding spot's. "SURPRISE!!"

Clint, Bruce, Scott and of course Me, Steve and mama were all stood in the room. It wasn't much but it's what we got and we would have to work with it. "Oh my god! You scared the crap out of me!" Mom said leaning over. After composing herself mama gave everyone a hug and said thank you.

After we all got together we decided to go out to eat. I sat next to my mama and Scott. I got the chicken salad while my mom got spaghetti. "And then, Antony said 'they were roommates' and when I tell you I was SHOCKED!" Scott was telling us some random story about the ants.

I'm the middle of Scott's story a few waitress came over holding a small slice of cake with a sparkler on top and they began to sing happy birthday. I look over to mom and see her with a slight blush on her face before uncle Clint speaks up. "Did we just make the black widow blush?" He says smirking. I let out a laugh, teasing my mother. " your grounded for laughing at me" she says even more embarrassed which only causes me to laugh harder.

Once we all finish eating, we pay for the bill and say our goodbyes. Me and mom head back to the compound. We both change into more comfortable clothes. Once I changed I grab my moms present, hiding it behind my back and head over to the common room. I see mom sitting on the couch scrolling through Netflix. She pats the couch signifying me to sit next to her. I sit down and cuddle into her side, sliding the gift onto her lap.

She looks at me confused and begins to unwrap it while I'm sat next to her smiling like an idiot. She opens the gift to reveal a picture frame. Inside the frame is a picture of me, мама, and auntie lena. She sits there holding the frame in her hands for a while just staring at the photo. I look up to see a few tears forming on her face and I lean into her more. "I miss her" I say referring to my favorite aunt (no offense to Wanda) as tears start to well up in my eyes as well. "I know детка, me too." She wipes the tear that rolled down my cheek and quickly wipes away her own. I pull the blanket onto us more as we both cuddled up watching the movie Elf. Мама leans down and places a kiss to my forehead. "I love you mommy" I say tiredly. Moments like these make me never want to leave, for these are the happiest moments of my life. "I love you too."

        ———————————————
December 3, 2023

I hop out of the car with aunt Lena following behind me. The dog Fanny, runs out to explore the land ahead.
We both walk over to the pink blossom tree as a soft breeze blows through our hair.

I lean down to the tombstone that read the name of my hero, my mother.
Natasha Romanoff
Mother. Sister. Avenger

I knelt down with my mother's favorite flowers in my hands.
"Я скучаю по тебе, мама, С днем ​​рождения." My aunt is stood behind me with a bottle of vodka. She leaves the bottle near her grave, along with a small picture of the two of them as kids. My aunt leans her head on the side of the grave as she does their whistle. But to our displeasure, no one whistled back. (Translation-I miss you mom happy birthday)

A small tear releases from my aunts eye. Her crying begins to make me cry as well. I scooted close to Yelena and leaned into her as we both cried into each others embrace.

I never knew that only a year ago it would be the last birthday we ever would celebrate together. She sacrificed her life for the entire world. It should've been me instead of her.

"Hey mom, it's me y/n I just wanted to say happy birthday. We miss you a lot. Please just come back home because I really need my mom." I say as my voice begins to quiver and break. The tears begin a steady flow down my cheeks as a small sob releases from my mouth. The one sob leads to many more, as me and aunt Lena sit there together.

After about an hour of sitting with auntie and moms gravestone, my aunt begins to stand up. "Common y/n we gotta go it's getting late." She extends her hand for me to grab as she pulls me off the dirt covered ground. We gather Fanny and Lena starts to walk towards the car. "Wait I want to say goodbye." I say pulling my hand from its intertwined position with Lena.

I run over to my mothers grave one final time for the night. I knelt down and wrapped one arm around the stone while I left my head resting against it. "I love you"

——————————

A/N:
I wasn't sure how to end this. It's pretty shitty but i wanted to write something for Nats last birthday with us.

Did u guys see the trailer for gotg3?! I'm so scared for drax, rocket, and Mantis. But the holiday special was so fucking good. Istg I've watched it over 5 times already. Okay love you guys hope you liked it <3
Xoxo, Aly