Epilogue

Cece

*12 months later*

"Mrs Andres... are your ready ?" Heather's voice cuts through my continuous line of thoughts.

Breathing in deeply, I nod a clear yes and look at the camera positioned directly in front of me.

***

It has been twelve months since I was unwillingly taken from my apartment in Los Angeles and brought to an unknown location.

It was bad. From what I've been told.

I don't remember anything. Anything at all. The doctors, the cops, my friends, family and even the media accepted my sudden amnesia. Wasn't hard for them considering my therapist saying people who undergo serious trauma always want to forget things.

***

Talia was immediately taken to a maximum prison even without any hearing with the claims that she is dangerous. No lawyer wanted to represent her considering you'll be challenging The Andres. No one wanted that.

Talia's official court hearing was a week ago and that is why Heather had to take my recorded statement. I didn't want to be present during the hearing because I was and I'm still afraid that the memories would flood right back to me. That's why Luka attended the hearing alone.

Talia was charged with kidnapping, attempted murder on two life accounts and murder in the first degree for the know billionaire Iglesias Andres. She was sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.

The  only person who came to visit and support her through all of this is her seven year old nephew who was brought by his foster parents. Other than that, Talia was all by herself.

***

Iglesias was laid to rest after being found in that warehouse. He never left a will so Poinsetta was named the sole heir of the Andres empire. She divided the wealth among Luka, Enrique and Camille.

Everyone was devastated.

Iglesias wasn't a good man, but no one deserved  to die the way he did. I didn't attend his funeral because I was still under intensive care in the hospital. Luka said it was probably for the considering Iglesias wasn't good to me.

***

Fletcher, my guard, was found a week later trying to escape into Mexico. Apparently, Talia had blackmail on him and that's why he did what he did.

Fletcher got ten years in prison for accessory in all of Talia's crimes but with a parole exception.

I guess the aftermath turned out okay.

***

Eight months later, mine and Luka's son, Liam Andres was born. He was born underweight and a month early but he's okay.

After his birth I actually got back to writing. Heidi and Axel moved back here, in Los Angeles. Heidi is still not in a good relationship with her father but goes to lunch with her mom at least once in a week.

***

"Cece !"

Looking up, Luka flashes me one of his billion dollars smiles.