Chapter 25 Dinner by the pool

Start from the beginning

So I decided to text her, No call her.

She picked after ages.

"Hey... What's up?"

Her cool tired voice seeped into my ears relaxing my mind .

"I'm good, was gonna ask if you'd come for my prom with me but you seem tired" I said

"Prom!! Today!!... Wait are you asking me to be your date to the Prom?

I sighed

"Yeah you got me.. will you please!" I said very calmly

"Well since you are being such a gentleman yeah! I will come what's the time" that was easier than I thought she agreed I was internally so excited.

I told her the time for the Prom and the time we would meet and assured her I will tell mom about it. Laila voice came out of nowhere asking why she's left out.

The girl won't let me be so I agreed she could come.. I just pray she doesn't ruin the moment for me trust Laila. I mean don't!

***†***
At exactly 7:45pm we were all in the car with Laila behind and your favorite couple at the front looking like we were going for our wedding dinner party. Just exaggerating.

I wore a black tuxedo while Kaltoom wore gold which complimented my own outfit quite well, this time she wasn't wearing any makeup just her usually colorless gloss.

"You look beautiful" I didn't even know when I blurted that out though I've been stealing glances at her.

She didn't reply just a shy smile and I could swear Laila most be smirking behind.. can't she just leave us alone?

At the party...I got that sunshine in my pocket, Got that good song in my feet." –Justin Timberlake, "Can't Stop the Feeling!" Was blaring through the speakers.

I spotted Afdal who was trying to wave his hands off, he was with Afeeyah, the guy can be so cute sometimes despite being a lady's guy he decided to take his sister to the Prom instead of a date.

Oh and I was so wrong when I spotted the all time Arabian Snob "Malika behind him .

"Dude she's not your date is she? I asked cause that Malika woman could be a pain in the neck like real pain.

"No, just catching up' he said

I gave him a look and went to meet Afeeyah while he and Kaltoom greeted each other .

"So what's the plan dude" I asked

"You are all hyped about the proposal I'm sure you are quite ready for this" I gave him a glare before he continued

"The plans still the same just do according to it , don't kiss the bride just yet okay! He gave me a pat and went to Laila who was trying to show him something on her phone.

I wanted us to live early cause I wanted the girls to have their rest before tomorrow.

"Hey Kaltoom..."
I Interrupted her discussion with Afeeyah who rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Hey it's you, your prom is great I'm having a good time" she said sweetly.

"I'm glad you are... Can I show you something?"

I asked

"Yeah sure"

So I lead her to the dinner by the pool she was all red . And I knew she loved it from the way she was beaming all through.

I served her the food which was Chinese fried rice and chicken sauce, wine and red velvet cake for dessert

"You remember the first day we met?" I asked out of the blue.

She was quite before she finally answered.

"Yeah you were a brat" then she exploded with laughter which was contagious

"No, you were the brat.."

"You know I found you quite handsome but the moment you become all bratty that changed" she said still smiling

"We never got along" she added

"I almost killed Laila when she decided to set us up" I said and there was silent for a while.

"Things have changed quite alot lately. I mean look at us now before we can't stand each other we literally hated each other".

"Yah your name was saved Mr Ego too" she laughed and i gave her a questioning look

"Yeah seriously...

"What do you like most About china? I asked .

"I think their food is quite good I like that and I love fireworks... Crackers you know". She said excitedly

"Okay... Kaltoom if our parents decide to get us married now, would you be able to live the rest of you life with me" I said and her smile dropped into a nervous one.

"Do you even like me a bit? I asked her.

"Well... I don't hate you, I mean... " She was stuttering.

"Well can you live the rest of your life with Mr Ego.. cause I wanna live mine with you.. I know this might sound crazy but I think I've fallen in love with you Kaltoom, I love you!"

I'm not the best with words but I dropped that bombshell and her expression was... I couldn't say

And then came the fireworks with..

"Will you marry me?

I've really taken her by surprise cause she had to block her lips with her hands maybe from screaming.

And I was on one kneel with the diamond ring I bought yesterday.

"Kaltoom would you marry me?..
..
..
..
..
..

Dandandan(drumrolls)

Who saw that coming? I did

Will Kaltoom accept Adyan s proposal... Let's find out

Dont forget to vote Comment and pls share

Maasalam and see u in the next chapter