Chapter 22

Ashley's POV:

I hear a lump from behind me and my heart rushes thinking someone threw a glass inside like before.

I see that it's a rock, a small one in fact. I look from where the rock came from. I get up from my chair and look through the window. I look at the back yard and see in my own surprise Lily. What the hell is she doing here?

She smiles at me and waved her hands to her. "What are you doing here?" I mouthed to her and she just rolled her eyes and waved her hands to her self again signalling me to come.

I sigh from this suicide mission she just decided to do for herself and walk my self to the hall way.

I make sure my siblings are okay with their toys before I make my way downstairs. I walk to the back yard and open the door before I come out. Her somewhat appealing outfit my chest quicken. It fitted her perfectly and she normally wore masculine but sexy clothes  so it was different seeing her.

She smiles a little like she was anxious. She walks closer to me and I had to step back because the night we had scared me because I started to feel things that have never felt before.

She allowed me to express myself the way I never thought I could. I didn't want her to be bruised in way, it's just I felt so much anger and sadness. I hate feeling sad and I hate how she won't stop caring for me because it's terrifying. It's so terrifying letting someone in. Especially in mine condition.

After she left the hospital, I saw that my inhaler was refilled. I didn't even know how she did it but she did.

I want to thank her but I just don't know how to thank someone who dosent deserve me.

"I missed you" she said softly and I couldn't help but feel my face get hot. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see if you were okay" she said and her eyes seemed so genuine. I never thought she would be able to even walk past my dad after what she did to him. He had a whole black eye and he was furious for a whole two weeks.

He threatened if he would ever see her again, he would kill her. I can't let that happen. "You can't be here, okay thank you for checking up on me, but you can't be here" I grab her arm and walk to the back of the door of the backyard to the street. She stops me and looks at me.

"Why we always hiding?" She chuckled with no fear in her voice. She's so reckless, but not as reckless as me. "Because my dad"

She stops chuckling as her lips became blank. "I'm not scared of him" she whispered and I almost believed but she doesn't know him like I do.

" Well you should because he would hurt you" I look through the broken fence seeing him still smoking in the front yard. "What? Thought we had a pretty solid connection" she said in sarcasm and all I could is roll me eyes.

"Please okay, you can't just show up here" I walked closer to her so she can hear me. She looks down at me as her lips tilt apart a bit. I didn't get why she looked so flushed until I saw her eyes land on my exposed chest from my red tank top and shorts.

She clears her throat and looks back at me. "Okay I won't but how would I be able to see you again this week?" She asked and I got kind of confused because she can still see me at school and maybe AA.

"What do you mean? You basically see me everyday?"

She licks her lips and stops looking at me. She seemed upset and like something was on her mind. "I got suspended" she cleared her throat again while saying it.

"What from the fight?"

She looks back at me. "You could say that but I don't want to get to all that okay. I want to ask you something?" She asked and I nod my head scared about what's going to come out of her lips.

"I having this whole surprise birthday thing coming up-" "happy birthday" I interrupt by accident and she softly smiles. "Thank you and I was hoping you would take into consideration to come to the party. Before you ask there will be no alcohol" she said and I was actually glad there wasn't because honestly just by a look of alcohol.

"I would think about it"

She softly smiles again as she almost made me smile. I hate feeling this flustered but I can't help how I'm feeling about this girl.

"Okay think about it" she smiled as she walks away but she stops. She takes something out of her pocket and write something down on what looks to be a sticky note.

She walks over to me and passes me the note. I look at the visible number shown on the note. "In case you finished thinking about it" she said as I accept the note and she walks away.