Chapter 15

Petals of rose filled fields and orchards
Forbidden fruits that we indulge in
Told me hold out my tongue, and I swear
It put heaven into focus
Playing all our hеart's chords
I've never hеard a song quite like this one, it's new
I'll have to tell our kids
How I did drugs for (you, you)

Rook Monroe - I Did Drugs For You

"Edward! You're back." Emmet ran up to his brother just as he stepped through the front door of their home.

"Man, it's like you don't even live here anymore. I've missed you buddy! Mi hermano. You know what we should do? We should spend the day together! Just you and I."

"Rose isn't here is she?" He says knowingly. Emmet's being extra clingy. Something he only does when he's apart from his mate.

He deflates. "She left 8 hours ago. Shopping."

He could empathise with his brother's pain. Just a few minutes ago, his own mate had chased him out of her hospital room and sent him home, albeit her reasoning was she wanted to make sure that he fed, noting that the last time he had done so was before her attack- two weeks ago.

He was resistant but agreed that he needed to feed.

He had only stopped by his home to change into appropriate hunting wear. He'd go find something to feed on, come back home to take a shower, then return to Forks General within the hour.

But Emmet looks so miserable. And Amiyah did say that she'd be spending the day with her wolf friend, Paul.

"I could hang out with you for a while." He relents, feeling pity towards his brother.

"Great! Let me go fetch Monopoly." Emmett says with a wide grin.

Edward sighs internally. He sucks at Monopoly.

««««

"Ohh, bad luck. go straight to jail, do not pass go do not collect $200." Emmet winces as he reads the community chest card for his brother.

"Do you want to buy my 'Get out of Jail Free' card?" Emmet offers kindly.

"You know I barely have enough to get by." Edward says with a frustrated frown.

They've been playing the board game for only 20 minutes and Emmet's already purchased all the major real estate and Edward's on the verge of declaring bankruptcy.

He hates this game.

The brothers hear Alice enter through the kitchen window but are too engrossed their game. She finds them in the living room sitting on the couch, facing each other with a board game set up on the coffee table between them.

"How's the game going?" she asks Emmet with a smirk, while perching herself on the couch's arm next to Edward.

"Edward's losing as usual."

"It's too soon to call." He grumbles petulantly.

"Have you asked her yet?" Alice asks with a nudge to Edward's shoulder.

"Not yet." He shifts uncomfortably on the couch.

"She's getting discharged in a few days."

"I know."

"Then why haven't you asked her yet?"

"Because he's a coward." Emmet answers while shaking the dice in his hand.

"I'm just waiting for the right time." Edward says calmly.

Alice speculatively presses her lips together. "He's right, you are being a coward."

Transcendence (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara