Chapter 12

Come away with me and we'll kiss
On a mountaintop
Come away with me
And I'll never stop loving you
And I want to wake up with the rain
Falling on a tin roof
While I'm safe there in your arms
So all I ask is for you
To come away with me in the night

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Edward and I had been meeting up under the bleachers every day after school for the past 2 weeks. It was Edward's idea and he got confirmation from Alice that as long as we kept our meetings short no one would be any the wiser.

We mainly spent the short time we have together talking and catching each other up on what's going on in each of our lives. It isn't much, but it's better than nothing.

"I've been meaning to ask you. Where's Rosalie Emmet and Jasper?" We're leaning against one of the beams, hand in hand and knees touching.

"They graduated in June." His face nuzzles my neck. "The story is that they are attending Washington state, but really they're staying at home. None of them truly wanted to attend college this year.

"What are your plans for after graduation?" I look to him curiously.

"Berkley maybe. Carlisle has been nudging me to apply for years now, He thinks it an incredible idea for all of us to hold medical degrees. He once let it slip that he wants to open a family practice, with all of us as the attending doctors, how absurd is that?"

"I think you'd make a pretty hot doctor." I smile at the image of Edward in a white coat and form-fitting scrubs. "Oh, take my temperature Dr Cullen." I place the back of my hand on my forehead and dramatically fall onto him. "What's that? I have a fever. I guess I must be burning up for you."

He laughs at my antics and steadies me back onto my feet,

"I would make a terrible doctor; I don't have Carlisle's patience, nor his restraint. I will probably just study law again if needs be."

"Oh okay... And where will I be while you're out getting this law degree?" I pout at him.

He leans in closer to me and nips my ear. "Right next to me of course."

I giggle as his breath on my neck tickles me. "My grades aren't getting me into Berkley. Or any college really. Academically I am doing atrocious."

"Forget college then, we can travel the world, or stay right here in Forks. Whatever you want."

I release a big cheesy grin "I wanna go to every Disneyland in every country. And I wanna visit Bali, and Madagascar. And ride around Rome on a Vespa like Lizzie Maguire. Then I wanna invest in bitcoin while it's still 50 cents and buy out Netflix so that it never cancels The Get Down. Then infiltrate my way into the elite Hollywood circle, become best friends with Beyonce and get on the Ivy Park mailing list. While I'm at it I might as well find Princess Love and warn her to stay away from Ray Jay before it's too late. I'd also like to visit Barcelona and do a walkthrough of where they shot Strut in The Cheetah Girls 2."

His eyes sparkle with amusement. "You've thought about this a lot, haven't you?"

I smile at him coyly. "Maybe just a little."

My wristwatch starts beeping incessantly, our 10 minutes were up. He drops his head into my neck and groans.

"I have been dreading that demonic little beep."