Chapter 9 A Hangout

"What are you doing Daniel?" Katerina asked. Katerina quickly got dressed and sneaked out of the treehouse and followed Daniel.

A bit later.

Katerina followed Daniel till he stops a the park.

(Katerina: thoughts: "What is he doing here in the middle of the night?")

Katerina hid in the thick trees, distance away from Daniel and determined to find out why he's outside past midnight.

(Daniel perspective.)

"Okay this is the spot." Daniel said to himself. Daniel look around and try to find something unusual. He looked and looked, he couldn't find anything, he was getting tired, and it was cold outside in the night.

"Ugh I'm not finding anything, and I'm getting tired." He continued to walk around. And came across his dad clock factory in the park.

"Hmm good memories. But maybe." Daniel look around the clock factory to find anything. Then he came across a sign.

In memory of Rick abram. Born in 1799 to 1863. He created the clock factory in this town and his Business was a success. He later died when hiding, saving, and sacrificing himself to save the slaves late in the civil war. This sign was put in place next to his old clock factory to honour him for his courageous action.

Daniel looked around the sign and tried to push it. Surprisingly the bolts warn off and he was able to slide the sign perfectly. There was a box in the hole, inside there was a key. "Yes found it." Daniel grabbed the key and pushed the sign back in place. He was going to walk to where the safe was but had a strange feeling.

(Daniel mind: "I don't like this. Is there anyone watching?")

Daniel began to look around his surroundings.

(Katerina's perspective)

(Katerina mind: "He sees to find something but what is it and why is he out here?")

Katerina tried to move a bit closer but then stepped on some twigs which made a sound, Daniel heard the sound and then began to runaway.

"Nooo...Great" Katerina said. Thankfully Daniel didn't saw her so she retreated away from Daniel to make sure that she wasn't the one who was spying on him.

Daniel meanwhile, ran as fast as he could back home. Thinking that he lost the person who he heard (Not knowing that it was Katerina btw). He went back home exhausted. Climbed back through his bedroom carefully and went straight to bed.

(Daniel mind: "That was too close. At least that I got the key.")

Daniel then tried to sleep, but the thought of his home being attacked or possibly being murdered in his sleep kept him awake for most of the night.

(Meanwhile with Katerina)

Katerina has been trying to find Daniel but couldn't find him so she walked back home "Why was Daniel up this late? I hope that Daniel is okay." Katerina said.

That morning.

Daniel in the morning was extremely tired at the morning. He could barely get up, had a little trouble getting ready for school. And when he was walking to school he closed his eyes while walking and ended up crashing into a tree. And In school he was laying his head Down a was tired that his classroom teacher had to make sure he was awake.

(At Lunch break)

"Yeah that was so much fun yesterday" Miss Elaina said. "I agreed say Daniel what did you do today." Wednesday asks Daniel. But he didn't respond. "Umm Daniel?" Wednesday asks. He didn't respond. "Hello?" Wednesday said. Daniel then wakes up.