5.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬

____________________________

                                  THE IMAGE NEVER LEFT HER HEAD

                                  THE IMAGE NEVER LEFT HER HEAD... EVERYTIME SHE CLOSED HER EYES, Sophie's lifeless body hung next to her. The sounds were not any better. Everything was loud. The sound of the semi truck colliding with her father's car, the scream she let out as the car overturned, the deafening sound of the glass shatterint all around her, the screeching of the car as it landed on the ground. It was like her hearing was enhanced.

The feeling of her body hanging upside down, only being held by her seatbelt filled her. It was like she was back at the scene of the crash. Her sister's lifeless eyes staring into hers. The pained sobs she let out as she stared at her mother's body that hung out of the car. "M-mom. Mom"

Violet tossed and turned, a thin layer of sweat coating her body as she whispered for her mother and sister.

She could feel her father dragging her out of the car, the tree branch in her abdomen. Her father's voice whispered to her, telling her to stay awake as he put pressure on her wound, coating his hands with her blood. She watched as her father was pulled off of her, and the deafening sound of the loud gunshot was what woke her up.

Violet jolts up, a scream leaving her lips. The vivid images of her dream disappear as her aunt bursts through the door, rushing over to her niece and wrappiny her arms around her, holding her against her chest.

It takes a moment for the teenage girl to hear the calm voice of her Aunt, whispering for her to calm down, telling her that it's just a dream. She grabs Lisa's hand as her screams die down, her chest heaving as tears roll down her cheeks.

"It's okay. You're okay" Lisa repeatedly whispers in Violet's ear, calming the girl down.

Violet leans into her Aunt, snughling her head into her chest as sobs escape her lips, making her body slightly shake. All she could think of were the images or her family's dead bodies and she wondered when would it all stop. When?

♠︎

In the morning, Violet doesn't get up for school. She stays in bed, trying to get some sleep, but everytime she closed her eyes she was back in that car, staring at her dead family, hearing that gunshot.

After the nightmare she couldn't go to sleep either, she stayed up all night, staring at her ceiling, trying to think about anything else but the accident. But nothing seemed to work. It was hard when every good memory she had always led to the accident.Her mind always took her back to that horrific scene, and she wondered why she couldn't get over it. It was months ago, she's been to therapy but nothing seemed to work. Why?

She's gotten quite a few texts messages from Jackie, her best friend asking her where she is and why she wasn't picking up. Tyler was worried as well, he had come by to check up on her after school but her Aunt had told him she was fine and getting some rest, which made him wonder if it was because of what had happened last night.

Violet had been trying to block that memory out. She was finally doing good after months of crying and sulking around. She was getting back to her old, happy, cheerful self. But seeing that memory again had turned everything upside down.

The trauma she had tried so hard to block out had pushed its way through the mental wall she built to haunt her dreams again...

The sky grew dark and Violet still lays in her bed. It was when the clock struck 09:00 PM, that the brunette decided to get up and go downstairs to get some food.

When she walks past her window, something caught her eye. Outside the Key House, there was a circle of fire. Inside the circle of fire stood Tyler's little brother Bode Locke and a woman Violet didn't recognize. Her eyes widen and she quickly rushes downstairs and out of her house.

As she got closer to the fire, she could feel the heat of the flames hit her, but she didn't care. Through the small gaps in the fire, her eyes catch sight of the woman who stood in the center with the youngest Locke. Violet squints her eyes. She recognized her. But she didn't know from where.

"Bode!"

Violet looks over her shoulder, noticing Tyler who runs over to the fire. As he got closer, he didn't notice the girl standing by the fire.

Violet quickly rushed over to him, placing her hand on his shoulder and stopping him from getting any closer. "Tyler wait!"

The Locke boy stops, taken back by the sight of her. "Bodie is in there"

Before the two could argue more, the flames grow and Tyler pulls the girl back, as they burst in the air. The two teens stumble to the ground. The woman walks through the empty gap she makes for herself and walks over to a door. Before she turns the key, she makes eye contact with Violet, smirking at the brunette girl before disappearing, the flames disappearing as well.

Violet didn't pay attention to Tyler and Bode's conversation a few feet away from her. Her mind filled with questions; that woman recognized her, it was like she knew exactly who Violet was. She hadn't realized that Tyler stood in front of her, a frown on his face as he asked her a question.

"Violet" Finally she snapped out of her trance as the boy helped her up. Tyler stared at the girl with concern. "Are you okay?"

Violet nods her head. "Yeah. I'm fine"

Tyler stares at her for a moment, furrowing his brows. "Are you sure? You didn't show up at school today. I was worried"

"I said I'm fine" She snaps. A sigh leaves her lips and she rubs her forehead. "Sorry" She whispers. "I didn't mean to snap, I'm just..." She looks down, tears welling in her eyes.

"Hey, hey" Tyler's hands rest on her shoulders, making her look up at him again.

"I don't know what's going on with me. I-I can barely sleep. Ever since I saw the memory of the accident, it's like I- I can't seem to think of anything else. Everytime I close my eyes I see their faces and- I can't do it anymore, Tyler. I'm so tired" Violet cries, shaking her head and Tyler immediately pulls her into him as she sobs, soaking his shirt.

Tyler pulls back and cups her cheeks. "Everything's going to be okay. You'll pull through it all. You know why? Because you're strong. The strongest girl I know"

Violet slightly nods her head. Before she could reply, Bode comes outside. "Tyler, are you coming?" He asks.

The older boy nods his head at his brother before turning back to Violet. "Are you going to be okay on your own?" He asks her.

Violet nods. "Yeah, thanks"

"Are you sure? If you want, I can walk you back to your-"

"Tyler, I'll be fine" She gives him a small smile. "Besides, I need to clear my head" she says.

He didn't seem to believe her, but nods his head anyways. "Text me, or give me a call if you need anything" He says.

Violet nods. "Good night" She says before turning around and walking back towards her house.

♠︎