4.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

____________________________

                              VIOLET GROANS WHEN HER ALARM GOES OFF AT EXACTLY 6:00 AM

                              VIOLET GROANS WHEN HER ALARM GOES OFF AT EXACTLY 6:00 AM. She opens her eyes and sighs, staring at the ceiling for a moment. A sad smile appears on her face when she realizes what day it is today.

She pushes the covers to the side and gets up. Walking to her desk, she stares at the picture frame of her and her twin sister, a small smile on her lips as she picks the picture frame up. Violet kisses her two fingers and places then on Sophie's face on the picture.

"Happy Birthday, Soph. We're officially seventeen" She places the picture frame down and goes to her closet to get ready. Violet puts on a pair of dark jeans with a knitted blush-pink sweater, tucking the front of the sweater in her jeans. She pairs the outfit with knee high boots.

Violet stares at herself, pushing her hair to fall over her shouldets. She grabs her bag and walking towards the door. As soon as she opens her bedroom door, confetti flies in her face from the confetti bomb in her aunt's hands.

"Happy Birthday!" Lisa shouts, a big smile on her face. She puts down the confetti bomb and picks up the cake that was settled on the hallway table.

Violet laughs when she pulls the cake out. "Really?"

"Happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you" Lisa sings. "Happy birthday dear Violet, happy birthday to you. Hip hip Hurray!" Violet smiles and blows out the candles.

"Thanks, Lisa. This is amazing" She says.

Lisa returns the smile. "I knew you'd love it. Now come on, I made you a birthday breakfast"

♠︎

Violet walks into the school building, a smile on her face as she replays this morning in her head. Although it was her second birthday without her sister, it was getting better. Her Aunt Lisa made it better.

She walks over to her locker and opens it, immediately a few balloons pop out of her locker, making her eyes widen as she grabs them and tries to shove them back in before anyone could see. Violet hated it when people knew it was her birthday, she never liked having birthday parties or presents, that was all Sophie. She just did them anyways because it made her sister happy.

"It's your birthday?" Tyler asks, walking over to Violet who still continues trying to shove the balloons back into her locker.