2.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐧

____________________________

                                                VIOLET DIDN'T WANT TO ATTEND SCHOOL TODAY

                     VIOLET DIDN'T WANT TO ATTEND SCHOOL TODAY. It would be just another day of her walking down the hallway, people whispering about her as she passed them, being labelled as the "quiet girl who lost her entire family" or "zombie girl" because she was the only survivor of such a tragic car accident. survived. She honestly didn't know how she survived a car crash that bad. Call it luck.

Violet didn't have much friends, except for Jackie Veda, who's been her best friend since she moved here. But one think she didn't like about Jackie was her other friend, Edin Hawkins; Matheson's favourite Bitch...

The brunette girl stood in front of her full body length mirror, combing through her brown hair. Her eyes trail down to the thin grey sweater that was tucked in the black jeans she wore, paired with black ankle boots. Her hand hovers over her sweater, right where her scar was before lifting the fabric up, tracing the long scar that went down the side of her belly button. A sigh left her lips as she pulled her sweater back down, grabbing her jacket and backpack and going downstairs.

A smile appears on Violet's lips at the smell of pancakes she caught as soon as she reached the bottom of the stairs.

"You only make pancakes on special occasions" Violet says, walking into the kitchen.

Lisa turned around with a smile on her face. "Well, I though I'd treat you to an early birthday breakfast"

"My birthday isn't for another week, Aunt Lisa" Violet tilts her head, raising her eyebrow. "What's this really about?"

Lisa sighs. "Fine, you caught me" she turns around to grab the plate of pancakes before placing them on the table in front of Violet along with the bottle of syrup. "You were feeling a little sad yesterday and I though that, you know, maybe I could cheer you up by making your favourite. Minus the blueberries that we ran out of"

The girl reaches over the table to take her aunt's hand. "I really appreciate this but...yesterday was just a bad day. I'm fine, Lisa. Really. You don't have to worry about me" Violet gives her aunt a small smile. "But thanks for the pancakes. Minus the blueberries"

Lisa laughs lightly and looks down at her watch before standing up. "Okay, eat up and get your ass to school" She says, grabbing two pancakes off the plate and handing them to Violet, who gratefully excepts them as she stands up as well.

This was a routine on most mornings. Violet would either be really late to the point where she'd miss first period, or Lisa would have to rush her out the door with her breakfast in hand.