"It's not that..."

"Then, what is it?"

"I— I just...." Soobin took in a deep breath before continuing, "I wanted to lend you the novel that I was telling you about..." He mumbled. "But, I got too shy and somehow kept running away whenever I saw you."

It was true.

Soobin had been trying to muster up the courage to lend Yeonjun his favourite novel that he had brought to school, but couldn't as every time he spotted the blond, he would quickly rush away in panic.

Yeonjun seemed really surprised to hear this as he stood still, unmoving, with his lips parted.

It wasn't long though until he was laughing out loud.

"That's—" He was cut off by his own laughter.

Soobin couldn't help but feel his cheeks slowly turning redder and redder from Yeonjun's reaction.

"That's so cute...." He mumbled in between laughter.

Soobin was now as bright as a tomato.

"Are— Are you teasing me?" He covered his face with both of his hands as he asked. Soobin wasn't expecting that kind of reaction at all.

And why did his heart do a flip? That was so weird! It's even beating like crazy right now!!

Never in his life had he heard someone say something like that to him.

"No, I'm not actually." Yeonjun ruffled Soobin's hair with a smile. Unlike before, the smile now reached his eyes. He seemed as if he genuinely had a good laugh.

Despite that, Soobin didn't seem to buy it at all.

"...I've never lent someone my books, okay?"

"I'm glad that you've never. I will happily be your first."

"Crazy...." Soobin mumbled underneath his breath.

"Now, let's eat lunch together." Yeonjun sat back down in his original spot and patted the area next to him for Soobin to sit.

"..." Soobin was about to say something but was quickly interrupted instead.

"Don't even think of saying no unless you want to eat dinner in detention with me."

'Wow. Now this bastard is threatening me?' Soobin could only stare at the other in disbelief.

"Fine." He sighed, sitting down next to Yeonjun.

Yeonjun smiled and opened the lunchbox, revealing two simple looking sandwiches.

"Do you usually eat two?"

"I usually don't eat at all and just give it to someone, but I wanted to eat with you today."

Now that Soobin thought about it, ever since he had started paying more attention to Yeonjun, he noticed that the blond never ate lunch at school at all. He was usually seen eating candy or drinking a sweet drink.

"Why? Are you on a diet? Or, do you not like eating lunch?" Yeonjun chuckled and shook his head at the question.

"I just don't like food from home."

"....Is it bad?"

Should Soobin be concerned of what he was about to eat here?

"No. It's not that. It's just some family issues."

"....I see." Soobin answered with a nod and didn't ask any more questions.

'It must be really personal.' He thought.

"But, is it okay for us to eat like this then?"

"I don't mind. I will eat it well if you feed me." Yeonjun shamelessly said with a smirk.

"You..." Soobin was once again speechless as he glared at the other who feigned innocence.

'This crazy jerk....' He shook his head in disbelief.

"Eat it." Yeonjun demanded as he held up one of the sandwiches towards Soobin's lips.

Almost as if it was an instinct, Soobin opened his mouth slightly and felt the sandwich being softly pushed into his mouth.

He was surprised at first, but but into it and chewed it anyway.

"Mm... Ish gof...." Yeonjun let out soft laugh.

"It's good? Really?" Soobin vigorously nodded and took another bite of the sandwich.

"Seriously! Did you buy this from a nice place or something??" He asked once he was finished chewing.

"No. It's from home."

"Ah..." Soobin stayed silent and continued eating. The sandwich was was too good that he didn't even mind being fed by Yeonjun right now.

Once he was done eating, he was handed strawberry milk and immediately accepted it.

"Hey, it's not fair if I eat and you don't."

"It's alright. I didn't want to—"

"Eat it." Soobin imitated Yeonjun's words and actions earlier and held up a sandwich to the other's lips.

Yeonjun was surprised, but slowly opened up his mouth and let himself be fed by Soobin.

"You shouldn't skip your meals. It's bad for you." Soobin scolded him.

"If you feed me everyday then I won't ever skip a single meal."

"...Am I your mother or something?" Soobin was frowning, but kept feeding Yeonjun.

Yeonjun could only stare at the other in amusement as he was being fed.

"Hey, wait." Yeonjun called out.

"What is it?" Soobin answered with his head slightly tilted with a puzzled look on his face.

"You've got something on your face."

"Where?"

Yeonjun leaned in close to Soobin's face and lifted a thumb to gently swipe it across the other's lips.

Soobin's face instantly turned red.

'This feeling again....'

Without any words, Yeonjun stared at the thumb and licked it.

"Tastes like strawberry milk." He said.

"What are you....?!" Soobin was touching his lips in shock. "What the fuck!!" He cursed out loud.

Yeonjun laughed and distanced himself from the other.

"You're so weird...." Soobin mumbled with bright red cheeks.

'What the hell is wrong with him? Doing that so suddenly? Why would he do that?? I can't stand this weird feeling anymore. It feels like my heart is about to burst.'

"I'm leaving now...!" Soobin got up and quickly headed for the door with a flustered face.

"Hey! Wait for me too!"

Soobin suddenly stopped for a bit as Yeonjun was busy, scrambling to pick up the stuff.

"Why is the door slightly opened....?" He mumbled to himself, examining the door.

He remembered clearly that they had shut it after they had entered.

"...Maybe it was the wind?"

But how could it open with just the wind?? It's a sturdy door that can't be pushed unless someone had opened it.

"Let's go together." Yeonjun caught up to him and said.

"Whatever." Soobin shook his thoughts away and hurriedly left the rooftop with a whining Yeonjun chasing after him.

detention buddy | c.yj x c.sb On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara