10

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone." Lydia says, referring to Jackson's real parents as Stiles and I follow her down the hallway.

"Come on, Lydia, anyone who ever says, 'I'm not supposed to tell anyone' is always dying to tell someone, so tell us!" I plead as I walk in between her and Stiles.

"Why do you wanna know?" She asks, her voice skeptical.

"We can't tell you that." I answer as if it's obvious.

"Then I'm not telling." She rebuttals, rolling her eyes.

"But you are telling us that you could tell us something if you wanted to tell us?" Stiles jumbles his words together as he talks slightly too fast, getting excited that we may have something.

"Was that a question?" She asks cluelessly.

"It sounded like a question." I respond, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well...tell me if this sounds like an answer. No." Then she speeds up, walking away from us. I sigh and roll my eyes, being slightly annoyed.

Then, I hear an 'ow' from Stiles followed by a loud thump. When I turn around, Erica has him pressed against the wall, her claws out.

"Why are you asking Lydia about Jackson's real parents?" Erica interrogates Stiles. I quickly walk over to them, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Erica, I'm getting really tired of your dramatics. Just because you're hot now doesn't mean you can be a bitch." I tell her. She turns her head to look at me, a smirk on her face.

"Your boyfriend likes bitches, obviously." She emphasizes the last word, looking me up and down.

"Is nobody gonna talk about the claws on camera?" Stiles asks, pointing to the new camera's that were installed. She brings her hand back, retracting her claws. "That's right. You wanna play Catwoman? I'll be your Batman."

Then, Stiles steps around her, grabbing my hand and pulling me in the opposite direction.

"If you're wondering about Jackson's real parents, they're about half a mile from here." Erica calls out, causing Stiles and I to halt. I slowly turn around, confused. "In Beacon Hills cemetery."

Then she turns and walks away.

"They're dead?" I rhetorically ask, turning to face Stiles who looks just as shocked as me.

"I guess." He responds, shoving his hands into his pockets. I reluctantly turn and chase after Erica, needing to know more.

"Wait!" I call out as I find her in the crowd of students. "Do you know how they died?" I question once I catch up to her.

"Maybe." She answers, and soon Stiles is walking beside me. "If you tell me why you're so interested."

"I, uh...." I trail off, not knowing what to say for once.

"It's him, isn't it?" She asks, stopping in her tracks.

"What?" I ask, feigning cluelessness.

"Who? Him who?" Stiles adds as Erica begins to walk again.

"The test didn't work, but it's still him. It's Jackson."

"You can't tell Derek, okay? There's a lot more to this that you don't know about. And just because you got the alpha bite makeover doesn't give you a license to go around destroying people." Stiles basically repeats my words from earlier.

Erica spins abruptly spins around, causing Stiles to bump into her, leaving them at a close proximity. I start to feel jealousy burn inside of my chest, but then I remember our moment in the classroom, and the fact that he loves me.