Part 6

I woke up with sound of someone eating and muttering. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. Who this can be ?
I slowly opened my eyes to see the wood has turned into ashes and my food was being eaten by someone. They are back facing me right now , he is wearing very old clothes which seems like out of a garbage. I suddenly got up and yelled at them " hey! Who the hell are you? " they stopped their hands from going in the apples bucket , he stood up and turned around to face me.
He looked at me through those big honey eyes  and said with rough voice " well... I could ask you the same thing, what the hell are you doing in this alone forest?"

" It was me who asked first "

" I am a gentleman so ladies first "

" Well, you are the one who was eating my apples "

He looked at me from head to toe and said " you look a little different from others"

" Are you trying to flirt with me ,?!" I yelled at him surprised

" No no I mean your dressing is kinda different " I looked at myself and realised I was wearing modern clothes and foolish of me I hadn't changed . Before I can say anything in my defence I saw his dirty shirt and trouser.

" Well same to you too, I mean are you a beggar on the street?"

" Ofc not " he stared at me and I followed his eyes which was staring at the blue pendulum which I was wearing. He pointed towards it and said " don't tell me you are too from different era "

I looked at him with wide eyes " how did you know?!,"

" It's obvious foolish, this pendulum is the way to go back and forth to eras "

" Wait wait , how do you know all this ?" I asked.

" I am too from 21 century and I was sent from secret agency but I have never seen you in my agency?"

" Yeah, might be a different one "

" Reasonable, it means that there are other agencies too like ours" he muttered to himself.

" But why are you here? For that book?" I asked

" Seems like we are in a same boat " he took his bagpack from ground and headed onwards.

I stared at him with wide mouth " are you gonna come or not " he shouted without turning back. I hurriedly packed my bag and followed him .

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

" So what is your agency name ?" I asked

" It's a secret " he replied without looking at me .

" Oh come on now! We are going to work together so I have to know something about you "

"If you have to know something about me then just know that we have the same purpose. We will take the book. Go back to our era and then afterwards we will see who will keep the book"

" Ofc me " I said smiling at me.

" We will see " he looked at me with no emotions.

" So where are we going to find that book,"

" It's actually in the palace of the king , there are 3 chambers and in the third chamber will find that book"

"Ohh so we are heading to palace"

" I don't think so it will be that easy " he looked around the atmosphere of people shouting to sell their products, the sweet fresh bread smells nostalgic.

" It's won't be fun if it was easy" I said looking at the bread shop. He looked at me and said " hmm, why don't we have breakfast and then we will think about how we can enter the palace "

"Yes!! With full stomach I can think faster " I took his large hands in mine and ran towards the bakery shop.

The market was quite busy , if you were here , you will feel that you are a light years back in era of 18 century, the place is filled with aroma of sweet bread coming from the kitchen we sat on the middle of the table , I can feel unusual stare on us so I asked ....wait  have I asked his name?!!!

" Hey! We haven't even exchanged our names" I laughed at myself.

" My name is Lisa. What's yours?"

" Alonzo" he said while pulling wooden chair for me to sit .

" That's a very unique name to be honest"

" Yeah, actually my mom was from Italy and my dad from Spain so decided to mix up the names from the italian and Spanish words"

"Wow! Quite a history for your name" he smiled at my response. His smile is really interesting in some way, I mean I can say he doesn't smile much so it's worth it.

I looked around and ofc people were staring at us like we were aliens

" Why everyone is staring at us ?"

" Maybe because of your clothes"

"It's not that bad and it's also not revealing" I asked him confused.

" We will see about that later but let's order something"

" Red velvet cake for me"

"Dumbo it's 18 century we can eat bread only as far from my experience"

"What?! You called me..." Before he can say something he shouted at waiter to bring us sweet bread.

It was not that bad. It was crunchy from outside and sweet and soft from inside honestly this can beat red velvet cake easily .

" So for how long you are here?"

" I can't say that but probably for 1 month"

"1 month?!" I stared at him shocked. Ho nodded.

" I actually got quite enough information that we can find that book "

"So again how can we get into castle, we should with sneak windows or what?"

" It's not easy as you think. We will not be able to stay for long if we sneaked up we have make an appropriate excuse for it."

" What excuse?"

" We will go in the form of traders we will enter the castle as the purpose of selling clothes because I have heard that queen loves jewelleries and clothes."

" Wow!! That's exciting. So we have to buy clothes now, but I have only few cents with me and looking at your condition I don't think so you would even have a penny to pay for this breakfast only" I sighed sadly.

" Don't worry, I have plenty of money to buy some clothes for queen and for both of us too"

"Ok so deal done " I forcefully took his hands and shaked .

" Stop lisa everyone is looking " he said with tint of blush on his cheeks.