Chapter 37 | Emilie

Start from the beginning

"Yes?" She replied.

"When she wakes up, and once we've all calmed down... tell her you love her"

Nathalie was silent for a moment, she wanted to. She wanted to so so badly, even though she was nervous. If Adrien had already accepted her as a second mother, then there was nothing holding her back anymore.

"I will" she agreed.

Adrien starred down at his mother, adrenaline flowing through him. This was it. With full confidence, and tears in his eyes, Adrien spoke his wish.

"I wish for Emilie Graham de Vanilly's death to have never occurred"

The moment the words left his mouth, her body began to glow. A red particle similar to the lucky charms effect began to emit off her. It was slow at first, but built in force and once it had gotten strong, it didn't stop. The light became so bright the three watching had to shield their eyes, and Adrien stepped back from the sheer force of the magic pushing him. The energy in the room was electrifying, running through their veins like a static shock.

It took a while, but when the glow finally started to die down, and they could all open their eyes again, it was contained to where Emilies heart was. And the relief they felt when they saw that glow of her heart start pulsating as her heart beat came back... there were no words to describe it.

Adrien watched as Emilies chest began to rise and fall with her breath and the colour returned to her skin as her blood began to pump again. She was alive, after all these years. She was alive.

The wish worked, the glow stopped and Emilie began to stir.

"M-mum...?" Adrien stammered.

Emilie slowly and weakly sat up, drawing in a deep breath and coughing of a dry throat after being dead so long. She opened her eyes, took a moment to adjust to the light and when she saw who was before her, she spoke.

"Adrien?" She whispered.

"MUM!"

Adrien leapt onto her, pulling her into a tight hug and sobbed into her shirt.

"Mum! Mum! You're alive! You're back! I love you so much, don't ever leave me again!" Adrien cried.

Nathalie watched, choking back tears herself seeing her beloved awake and breathing again.

"Adrien... sweetheart, what's happened? Why would I leave- oh..." Emilie said, realising where she was and what Adrien was wearing.

She's died and Adrien had wished her back.

Completely hysterical from the sheer joy of finally having his mother back, all Adrien could do was cry. And all Emilie could do was comfort him and tell him that she'd never leave him ever again.

"Shhh... it's ok my darling boy. It's ok, mummy's here..." She soothed, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"I missed you so much..." Adrien sobbed.

"I missed you too sweetheart"

Luka was starting to tear up himself seeing Adrien finally have his mother back, but he fought them back so he could be there to support his boyfriend through everything that was happening.

Emilie looked up from Adrien, seeing Nathalie and another boy she didn't recognise standing before her too. It was Nathalie that caught her attention first.

"Nathalie... Nathalie come here" she smiled.

She didn't have to be asked twice. Nathalie immediately joined the hug, trying to wipe her tears away.

"Emilie you have no idea how much I missed you" Nathalie sniffled.

"You took care of him... thank you" Emilie said, gently rubbing Adriens back as he cried on her shoulder.

"I promised you. I'd never break that promise"

Nathalie pushed her glasses up, out of the way so she could wipe her tears properly. Emilie smiled at her, god... how Nathalie missed that smile.

"Thank you, you're truly the most wonderful woman I've ever met" Emilie thanked, using her sleeve to wipe the tears from Nathalie's cheeks.

Emilie then turned her attention to the boy she didn't know, picking up Adrien and wiping his tears too.

"Who's your friend Adrien?" She asked.

Adrien took a breath to steady his emotions, and smiled over at Luka.

"That's Luka, he's my boyfriend" Adrien replied.

"It's nice to finally meet you, even if the circumstances are a little strange" Luka greeted.

Emilie immediately lit up, grabbing Adrien's shoulders and giving him an exited squeeze.

"Boyfriend?! Honey how long?" She asked.

"Uh... months now. He's amazing, he's helped me with... everything" Adrien replied.

"Darling I'm so glad you finally found someone! And he's such an adorable little one too! Luka come here you're part of the family now"

Emilie opened her arms for Luka too, and he smiled brightly glad to be accepted into the family. Adrien pulled him over and into the group hug where all four of them just basked in the absolute joy that was reuniting.

"I love you all, so much. For everything. Risking your lives to bring me back, staying so strong through everything that happened, for loving me enough to do all this for me... thank you. So, so much" Emilie said, almost crying herself.

"I love you so much mum..." Adrien said.

"I have a lot to explain, so much has happened. But first Em, let's get you somewhere nicer" Nathalie replied.

The hug broke, and Emilie looked up at Nathalie with the most thankful eyes.

"That sounds good. Nathalie... thank you for taking care of him... from the bottom of my heart"