"Confession." (Larry x Shrignold fluff[?])

TW/CW : MENTIONS OF H0M0PH0B1A!!! DON'T READ IF THIS BOTHERS YOU 😥👊👊👊

Shrignold was at his love cult, or as he  says; love 'family.' He was praying to Malcolm, the king of love as Furry boy fed him gravel. Shrignold felt stressed at the moment, considering the one person he looked up to...
was literally homophobic.
Shrignold was still figuring out his sexuality, but he knew for sure he liked men in some way. Obviously because Larry existed. Shrignold sighed quietly, making sure no one heard him. The cult got done worshipping king Malcolm, and got ready to leave. Shrignold on the other hand, had to stay and clean up. Malcolm chose him as his main assistant considering he was the most loyal and well behaved. As he was sweeping the leftover gravel off of the ground, he heard someone come in through the doorway to the cult's 'hideout.' Shrignold perked his head up and looked over to the entrance, and to his surprise; it was Larry. "Larry? What are you doing here?" He asked, still in shock at the fact he showed up. "I was bored, and you always come home sooo late." He walked over to Shrignold. "How did you even figure out where this place was..?" He asked. "I have my ways." Larry shrugged and smiled. "Well- I gotta stay here for a little longer so.. you can just hang out or sit over there." Shrignold continued sweeping. "You can't just leave? Where's everyone else?" He asked. "I'm the main assistant, and I have to clean up after the meeting." Shrignold sighed. "Well that's not very fair." Larry crossed his arms, "am I allowed to help you clean at least?" He asked. "No, it's alright. I'm almost done anyways." Shrignold put up the broom and walked over to Larry. "Alright, now we can leave." He took Larry's hand and lead him out of the cloud.
--
~Time skip~
--
They arrived home, tired because it was quite the long walk. Shrignold usually just flew, but since Larry was with him; he couldn't. And he couldn't just pick him up either. "Soooo what now?" Larry asked. "I don't know, don't you usually just sleep after getting home from doing things?" Shrignold asked. "Nah, I don't feel like it." He replied, "what do you do in your free time?" He asked. Shrignold thought about the...creepy stuff he does. He has a secret drawer in his room that he keeps his plans for getting people together. There were many papers with just little doodles of random people and their special ones. He's supposed to just pair men and women, and women and men. But he has tons of little drawings of Tony and Colin holding hands and things like that. Shrignold's eyes shifted to the side, "um...I- don't have a lot of free time." He said nervously. "Hm, okay; uh-" Larry thought for a moment. "Well...why don't we just go somewhere to eat?" He suggested. "Really? I thought you were tired." Shrignold said. "Eh, I'm always tired. Plus I'm hungry. I'd rather be just tired than tired and hungry." He shrugged and began walking out the door. Shrignold fluttered out the door behind him, "where are we even going?" He asked. Larry explained how he wanted to go to some fancy restaurant. Shrignold liked the idea of just the two of them going out to eat. It felt like a date. He smiled at this thought. "He wouldn't want to date me. He probably thinks I hate gays." He thought. As they were walking to the restaurant, they really had nothing to talk about. So it was kind of quiet. All they could hear was the sound of random nature noises. "So...has your king or whatever found your special one yet? I don't know how this stuff works so I'm kinda confused." Larry asked, trying to start a conversation. "I'm afraid not." Shrignold sighed. "It's hard being a literal love butterfly and not having love yourself." He explained. "Oh, alright then."
The two arrived at the restaurant and booked a table for two. They got to their table and just sat in silence for a few seconds, "what're you gonna get?" Larry asked while looking at the menu. "I'm not sure, I've never been here before.." Shrignold also flipped through the menu, until he found something that looked good to him. "Hi, how are you doing today?" A kind waitress asked. "We're fine, thank you." Larry answered and smiled. "What can I get for you to drink?" She looked at them. "Beer for me." Larry said. "Just a water." Shrignold said. The waitress nodded and left. "Don't drink too much, Larry." Shrignold sighed. "No promises." He smiled slyly. Shrignold tapped his fingers on the table, waiting for their drinks. The restaurant wasn't too terribly busy, but it was taking quite a while for just two drinks. "They're taking forever." Shrignold muttered, growing impatient. "Restaurants are just like that, Shrig." Larry replied and patted Shrignold's head, making him blush lightly. "Larry...um.." He stuttered. "Hmm?" "Do you have a special one yet..?" He asked quietly. "What was that?" Larry couldn't hear him "Nothing.." Shrignold couldn't build up the courage to confess his feelings to Larry. The waitress came back with their drinks. "Thank you.." Shrignold sipped his water and Larry started chugging his beer. I'll just tell him when he's drunk. He won't remember any of this anyways.. Shrignold thought, nodding to himself.
~Time skip~
It had been an hour. Their food was still not there, and Larry was wasted. He looks drunk enough. "Hey, larry?"
"Y.. -hiccup- Yes, shriggy?"
"Would...would you be interested in a special one?" He asked shyly. Larry looked confused. "What do you -hiccup- mean by that?" He was slurring his words. "What I'm trying to say is um...would you.." He trailed off. "Spit it out, Shriggy." Larry grew impatient. "Would you be my special one?"
.
.
.
Silence.
--
And at that moment, Larry grabbed Shrignold and just kissed him. Right in front of everyone in the restaurant. Shrignold blushed profusely, not expecting this outcome. The kiss lasted about 7 seconds, but it felt like hours for Shrignold. He didn't know if he liked it or not, but after a moment of consideration; he realized that was his first kiss. And with Larry, of all people. He smiled on the inside, but on the outside he was shocked. Larry stroked his hair quietly, hiccuping every few seconds. Despite being drunk, he knew how Shrignold really felt. They got their food and ate without talking to eachother. It was like that the walk home aswell. After about 5 minutes of silence, Larry grabbed Shrignold's hand and held it as they walked. He smiled to himself, happy he got his feelings off his chest.

1140 words. I uh didn't expect this chapter to be so long. I know this person requested fluff but I'M SOSOSO SORRY I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING- I thought I could just recycle the idea of them making flower crowns from my super old discontinued story, 'my butterfly' but I was like, nah that's lazy.
so yeah to the person who told they'd kill someone for lampnold fluff, sorry if this story disappointed you; i tried 👶 love you nerds!!!!!!! 🫃