"Hello?" The brush snaps fingers in it's face, making it flinch.

"Mmmmmhmmm..." It mumbles, sitting down onto the log. It got bored of looking at that boxy thing the paintbrush had. It was too confusing.

"Did you ever go..." Paintbrush glances towards the big building. "There?"

"No." It speaks slow, standing slow as well. It then walks away, carful not to slip on these rocks that make up the ground.

"Wh- WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" The Paintbrush runs after it.

"Firewood."

"N- GET BACK HERE!"

It is yanked by the red thing it's wearing and pulled back to the log. It takes a minute to catch its breath; it's eyes hurt, meaning they were likely wide open.

"Ehh.. sorry bout that... ANYWAY! WE HAVE TO GO INTO THAT CITY! There is... likely a way out there..." Paintbrush sighs. "I hate the guy, but he's probably smart enough to find a way out given how long he's been here."

It nods. Unsure what it is nodding for.

"Come on," Paintbrush reached out its hand. "Let's go Petra- oh right... Lightbulb."

It reaches its hand forward slowly, finally deciding on taking the taller one's hand. It's soft.

When the brush pulls it up, it wraps its arms around the brush. This makes it feel warm inside, a warmth the fire never gave. It nuzzles its face into the soft thing on the brush. "You like my sweater?" They ask and it nods, then pulling away.

Why is its vision blurry? Why does its eyes feel wet? It rubs its face and that goes away. It does not know what that was.

"You're... crying..." The brush slowly pats it's head. It would just stare forward, oblivious to the motion. Oblivious as the paintbrush drags it somewhere.

Oblivious to where it was that it was heading.

//POV:
PAINTBRUSH//

I've only been here- what? A few hours? And it's already altering me.

I cough slightly as I drag lightbulb- that's what I'll call her now. It's not like I'll ever forget her name is Petra, and she wants to be called lightbulb now too...

I drag her towards the city. I really don't want to go, but if cobs is here... then he might have a way out! It's been 9 years, so of course I don't remember much about him. But I remember he had built so many... unexplainable things... that attacked and destroyed things. Maybe he knows a way back?

Plus, I'm sure I'm not... ACTUALLY dead...

I near the city... and I realize it looks more like a suburban town. All the houses are the same... this is... unsettling...

"What is... going on...?" I hear lightbulb mumble.

"We're going into the city to... find a way to get back." I squeeze her hand, trying to encourage her while comforting myself in the process.

"Ow..." She mumbles and I look behind me towards her. She rubs her arm, her eyebrows furrowed. "Somebody... ran... into... me..."

"Oh! Uh... hey...! You're not from around here... are you?" Somebody asks me. I look around for them. "Uh... down here..."

A blue blob.

"Uh. Who are you supposed to be?" I cringe. "I thought nobody but cobs was supposed to be here-"

"Nope! I'm trying to be a part of a new job he's making! The cheer factory!" The blob exclaims. "I'm Gregory! Nice to meet yoooouu!"

"Uhh... Grey. Nice to meet you too I guess." I shrug. "This is Petra- Lightbulb. Yeah. Lightbulb."