71

Chapter 71 - There Is No Need

T/N: The gender of the Second Prince’s knight (ch 26), Chris, has just been revealed to be female, so we change it to “she/her.” Sorry for the inconvenience.

“Come out, Fiosen.”

The person who said that was Chris. Back when Ian cut off the Second Prince’s arm in the Garcia duchy in the past.

It was the same knight that connected Ian with Duke Lavaltor by his order.

But Fiosen looked quite flustered.

“Chris, you—”

“If you don’t come out quickly, I can take it as you giving up, right?”

“What did you say just now?”

“Then come out.”

Chris, the knight of Lavaltor, was Fiosen’s best friend.

She was the only person whom Fiosen could call a close friend even after he stripped off the halo of the duke’s successor.

That was why he couldn’t help grinding his teeth in anger.

‘The mission to escort the Second Prince clearly should have ended.’

Chris was obviously in charge of escorting the Second Prince.

However, they were ordered to return due to the incident not long ago, and Chris was also scheduled to return soon. She also readily accepted the mission to protect Prince Ian. 

‘Clearly, Chris also seemed to favor Ian, didn’t she?’

But look at Chris’ face now.

No matter how he looked at it, he could clearly feel the hostile gaze.

Fiosen couldn’t understand why she came out as the Second Prince’s fighter.

But there was no time to question it.

“If he doesn’t come out, may I take it as him forfeiting?”

It was because Chris was asking the referee in a provocative tone. At this rate, Fiosen might be eliminated even before he even raised his sword.

Fiosen’s eyes glanced up to the arena as if it couldn’t be helped. However, his eyes were colder than ever.

‘Did she… get brainwashed?’

It was most likely the case.

It must have been to induce Fiosen’s surrender by taking his friend hostage. No, it was probably to make them waver.

Knowing his closeness with Chris, it was typical of the Second Prince to do something like this.

While Fiosen gritted his teeth toward the Second Prince.

Ian also noticed that.

He walked up to Fiosen and said this.