3

Chapter 3 - You're Late
Author: CleiZz
Editor: Tetrax

“Are you looking for this?”

The owner of the voice that suddenly appeared.

He was definitely one of the gang following Johnson.

But the problem was the pocket he’s holding.

‘That’s my mother’s relic.’

The moment he spotted the leather bag that contained the thing he was looking for, Ian’s eyes instantly changed.

“Give it back to me.”

A harsh voice rang out.

The opponent was startled by the voice and took a step back.

However, Ian picked up the stick next to him just in case.

“I’ll say it again. Give it to me.”

The man inwardly hated the quietly shining golden eyes.

The golden eyes, which were rare to be found even on the continent, were menacing as if he was face-to-face with a wild beast.

“Don’t do this, Kid. I didn’t come here to fight.”

The man threw the pocket at Ian’s feet.

“Look. The supervisor was kind enough to return it.”

“!”

Ian searched his pocket without paying attention to him. But his eyes quickly turned cold.

“Where is the thing inside?”

He had no choice but to ask.

The pocket was empty.

The item was not only a necessary tool in the future, but also the only thing left by his mother before she passed away.

Ian lifted the stick and pointed it at him.

“You’d better not lie if you still want to walk on your own two feet in the future.”

It was half a threat, half a truth.

Although he still had a child’s body, there was a technique to overpower a fully grown adult.

At the very least, it wasn’t difficult to deal with such a weak-looking guy like Johnson’s lackey.

And whether the threat worked or not, he raised both hands.

“I told you. I have no intention of fighting. I’m just here to convey the supervisor’s words.”

“Supervisor?”

“Yes. Supervisor Johnson told me to come out to the plaza if you want to get your belongings back.”