(5) The door (5)

Começar do início

"Yeah well. Ink has a lot of kids. There is my older brother PJ, he's the oldest... oh wait no. Gradient is the oldest. Then there's PJ, no.. No. There is gradient, blue screen, PJ... then there is me... My younger brother Blueprint, Stain, then there is Scissors and Smudge and... how many more?" Palette muttered, counting on his fingers. Sans blinked.

".. Isn't your dad asexual?" Palette nodded.

"Don't worry. Majority of us were formed through accidental chaotic creation magic. So you can blame him." Palette smiled, shrugging. Sans laughed a little more.

"Wow. For an ace, he sure knows how to mix his paint." Palette nodded. Yeah. Ink... never really took responsibility with all the kids that were formed. They were all usually dumped onto the other twelve damn kids to raise.

"Anyways. Sciencetale." Sans reminded Palette. The young teen nodded again, they kept getting sidetracked.

"Well... I think I know a way of helping you across. But, considering you've already made a mess..." Sans began irritability "that's gonna be harder. I can't just explain your sudden vanishment to Papyrus." He shrugged, making up a word.

"A mess? How?" Palette wiped some more snowfall off his shoulders.

"Well, I'm not entirely sure how it works...  but I don't want that gltichy one coming down to destroy everything I know because one little mishap occurred." Classic shuddered at the thought of his world collapsing just because some teenager crashed here.

"Can't you just fly off on that broomstick you got there?"

"I can't. I've tried to make it get up but Broomie's not wanting to."

"Broomie. Right." Sans fell silent again. As they did, the sound of frantic crunching of snow was heard. Papyrus approached them rapidly.

"Brother! I returned the human to their guardian!"

"... Cool, paps."

"Young Palette! Did you learn about the whereabouts of your parents!"

"... What?"

"Uh, sure did Mr Papyrus!" Palette nodded, lying. Sans gave Palette a funny look. He knew that Papyrus knew of the AUs as well... perhaps Palette didn't want to frighten him.

"Brilliant! Come along, you can help me recalibrate my puzzles and you may rest with us for the night!" Papyrus smiled, Sans's expression tightened uncomfortably.

"But don't you think his uh... parents will be worried about him?" Sans smirked a little. Papyrus was jogging on the spot, keeping his body pumping.

"I'm sure they won't mind that their son will be filled with some of my delectable cooking! Come along, to restore your energy!" Papyrus pumped his legs forward. He ran with such energy and spunk that Palette couldn't help but try and mimic him.

Before long, Palette realized that sans had stayed behind. He looked back.

"Uh? Mr Papyrus, what about Sans?" He asked, Broomie leaving a trail in the snow. He was struggling to copy Papyrus's silly walk with such a heavy brush.

"Nyeh? Oh! That lazybones will catch up shortly, I'm sure of it." He spoke coolly. Palette didn't respond as he followed Papyrus back through 'Snowdin'.

Snowdon had such happy vibes to it. Lights lined up along the building he crash landed behind. It was a shop, apparently. His eyes fell to the Inn beside it. The citizens of Snowdin hustled and bustled through the snow, the wind not bothering them.

Palette had no idea how wind was occurring in the underground. But, it probably had something to do with magic..

Some people stared at the younger skeleton. Obviously he looked out of place. A third skeleton? Papyrus had mentioned there were only two. So.. He probably sticks out like a sore thumb. A few waved to the great Papyrus as they passed a more house.