#53 Where's Patrick?

Start from the beginning

Blushing, Daisy punches Nate's arm. "You two imbeciles stop talking and stay out of our way if you don't want to go hungry tonight."

The boys head for the living room and Lily starts helping Daisy out in the kitchen. Lily grabs Daisy's hand. "Thanks for saving him. If something had happ—"

"Hey, I wasn't going to let my second cousin get hurt," Daisy says, making them both laugh.

"Sometimes it really feels like you two are siblings."

"Speaking of siblings, how is Tim?"

"He's good. He and Hannah meet up every weekend. They are planning on a week long trip next month."

"That sounds like a big step."

"It is for them."

"I'm glad it worked out."

"Daisy... I heard about your past. About Ian and Thomas. I'm so sorry."

Daisy quickly glances at the living room to check if the boys could hear them. She looks back at Lily, "About that, I was hoping to find out what happened afterward."

"Ian and his men left. After our men found Frank, he told Nate what happened. The priority was to look for you. All these months they have been visiting places where they thought you might be in."

"What about Ian?"

"I don't know. Frank doesn't tell me much."

Daisy briefly glances again at the boys. She whispers, "There's a girl I know at the red light district. I have to talk to her. She might know something."

"Then I'm coming with you," Lily whispers back.

Daisy narrows her eyes.

"I'm the one who knows how to use a gun," Lily says.

Daisy shrugs. Fair point. "Okay, but, how are we going to get past the guys?"

"Leave that to me," Lily says.

FOUR DAYS LATER, Tim drives the girls to Poppy's. He has been let in on the plan and the girls told their mates they are going for shopping while taking Tim with them as security. Nate and Frank were okay since Tim was going to be with them, and were relieved they won't have to become their mates' porters for the shopping day.

As soon as Daisy enters the brothel, she goes to the nearest girl to ask for Poppy. But the bead curtains at the back part, and Poppy comes out, looking shocked and happy. "You're alive!" Poppy runs over to Daisy and hugs her.

"Thought I'd let you know that," Daisy says.

Poppy moves back. "What the heck happened? Ian is completely off the rails, an— who is this?" She says, looking at Lily.

"She's my friend from Raketrope."

Poppy looks at Daisy with her mouth wide open. "It's fucking true? Their Alpha is your mate?"

Daisy nods. "The Beta is hers."

The three of them find a table and Poppy asks Daisy to tell her everything that happened. Daisy tells her.

"I just bolted," Daisy says at the end. "It was too much. Thomas' death... It just..."

Poppy pats Daisy's hand. "I know, sugar. I know how much you loved the old man. I don't care if he was a gangster or not, that man was a saint. We all knew that."

Daisy nods. Poppy is right. He was indeed a saint.

"So what you gonna do about Ian?" Poppy says.

"I don't think that's on my hand. I don't know," Daisy says and bites her nails.

"He has gotten worse than before," Poppy says. "The gang, too. I hear they are human trafficking now."

Daisy looks up surprised.

Poppy nods. "I heard it from Mocker."

Daisy shakes her head. What has become of the Stantons.

"Where's Patrick?!" A girl barges into their conversation and slams the table. She's Stella. Patrick was her regular.

Oh, yeah? Daisy thinks. What had happened to Patrick?

Lily says, "For the moment, he's in prison. After the attack we learned that Patrick had once told Ian about the secret passageways through which Ian's men sneaked in that day."

"It's all Ian's fault!" Stella says, striking the table again. "And Patrick'a brother who stole his title!"

Daisy has enough of this. She stands up, deciding to flex her title a bit. "I suggest you stop running your mouth to the Luna of Raketrope," she confidently says.

Stella smirks, taking a step closer to Daisy, "If I'm running my mouth on you, you wouldn't even be able to talk, honey."

Lily and Poppy laugh, while Daisy stares at Stella, mouth open and stupefied. She turns to Poppy. "Where the fuck did you find her?"

"No one gets to choose me. I choose them," Stella says inching closer to Daisy.

Daisy takes a step back. "Get the fuck off my face." She turns to Lily. "Let's leave before I get molested here." She then turns to Poppy. "Since I'm no longer living with a horde of gangsters or in the hiding, how about a lunch at my place?"

Poppy smiles wider. No one has ever invited her to their home. "I would love to," she says.

"Alright, let me know when you are free," she says and turns around to leave when Stella grabs her hand. "I want to come, too. I want to see Patrick."

Daisy looks at Poppy. Poppy shrugs. "Fine," Daisy says, sounding annoyed. She knows that Stella knows that there can never be anything serious between her and Patrick. But sometimes, to a lost young girl, even a fleeting love can mean a lot. "But I can't promise you anything. It's all in the Alpha's hand."

"You should know I can convince anyone to do anything for me," Stella seductively says.

Daisy mischievously nods. "I would indeed like to see you pull your charm against Nate."

After saying their goodbyes, Daisy and Lily head back out. Lily says, "I'm guessing that means Ian's not going to just back off."

"I'm afraid not." 

🗳 We're close! Keep reading! ;)