#23 I'm leaving

"Absolutely not!" Nate says.

"I'm not asking your permission! I'm just informing you," Daisy says.

"Did you forget that you were the one who wanted to hide in my place from some thugs you stole from?"

"Hide until I find my next safe house. For which I need money. Look, I've already agreed to take the job. I have to be in Mexico for only one day!"

"If you need money, I can bloody give you the money. Even to pay off those criminals who are after you."

Daisy snorts. "You think it's just about the money? Whether I give their money back or not, they'll skin me alive for stealing from them if they ever caught me."

"That's why you need to stay here, so I can keep you fucking safe!"

"And how long you plan to take care of me Mr-Alpha-To-Be? I'm not going to hang around like a fool until the last day without finding the next place to crash in. Why are you so against me leaving anyway? You don't believe I'll keep my promise of accepting your rejection once you become the Alpha? You think I'm running away? Is that how you think of me even after I helped you last time?"

"I'm not saying I doubt yo—"

"Then what? Think I can't take care of myself? Believe it or not, I survived just fine in my life even before you showed up in it."

Nate presses his lips tight. "I don't know why I even bother trying to explain anything to you when you keep getting lost in your own world. So let me put it this way for you — you are not leaving this pack land. If you attempt to, let's say, it will come to you not be able to leave even this house. Don't you dare test me on this, Daisy."

Before Daisy could continue to fight back, Nate leaves her behind.

Fuming, Daisy takes a seat. She gets this urge to storm into her room this instance, pack her belongings, and leave.

On the other hand, she really doesn't want to challenge Nate.

This job is important to her. The client is paying exceptionally well. There's also a chance Daisy might find her next hideout in Mexico itself. An old contact of hers can come in handy. She doesn't want to miss a chance like this.

So she thinks of someone who might help her deal with Nate. Just as the thunder rumbles in the distance, Daisy grabs an umbrella and steps out of the house. 

FRANK AND LILY run through the sudden downpour towards Frank's car. Lily grabs Frank's shirt and pulls him closer as soon as they rush into the backseat. They are burning up even when every inch of their skin is wet.

Frank grabs Lily's now transparent top and tears it open. Lily throws her head back, and then her hands. Her palms squeak against the slippery glass of the window. Frank's teeth softly tug at her nipple.

He then pulls up her skirt. She's not wearing an underwear. Frank slides back and takes his hot mouth to between Lily's legs.

"Ah, fuck," Lily says, trembling. She starts to moan, her voice sounding weak, unsteady, and breathy.

As Frank finds her sweet spot, all of Lily's being converge onto the tip and length of Frank's tongue.

Lily soon reaches the cusp of her limit. She grabs his hair. "Baby, come inside me."

With one last stroke with his tongue over Lily, Frank straightens up, undos his pants' zipper and takes out his piping hard on. He shifts closer to her to enter when loud knocks on the window startles them. Frank turns around and sees a blurry shadow of a person with an umbrella.

"What the fuck," he says, and closes his zipper and starts to roll down the window. Lily brings her legs together to cover herself.

"Hope I didn't disturb anything," Daisy says, grinning and knowing very well she did.

"Yes, you did! Now get lost!" Frank says, rolling the window back up. Daisy grabs the edge of the glass. "No! I have to talk to you."

"This is not the fucking time!" Frank says, trying to pry off her fingers from the glass.

Watching the cousins (according to the lie) fight over the car window, Lily is no longer in the mood. She pulls down her skirt and ties her top around her perky breasts with a knot. "It's okay, Franky. We'll pick it up later. It's late, too. I have to go."

If glares could kill, Daisy would have died, resurrected, and killed again a hundred times by Frank by now.

After Lily leaves in her car, Frank says, "Are you fucking happy? I was going to get laid!"

"Relax. She's your mate. You can fuck her any time you want, just not when I have something urgent to tell you. Besides," Daisy says, turning towards the backseat, "wasn't that fucking uncomfortable?"

Even though Daisy couldn't see inside the car before, when the window came down, Daisy thought Lily looked like one of those girls cramped inside a wooden box, cut in two, before the magician reveals her in whole to the audience.

"Why don't you go find that out with Nate, instead of bothering me? His car is smaller than mine," Frank says.

"Don't appreciate your attitude. But I'm gonna let it pass. I need your help. Convince Nate to let me go to Mexico for a one-day business trip."

"Business trip?"

"I have a job. Already took an advance. I have to go."

"Yeah, that's not happening," Frank immediately says.

Daisy sighs, knowing Frank won't budge, either. The clouds above begin to scatter. Sunlight creeps into the car. Daisy decides. "I'm leaving," she says and gets out of the car.

Before Frank could reach her, Daisy had left in her own car towards Nate's house. "Shit," Frank says and returns to his car and starts driving towards the training ground where Nate might be in now.

In Nate's house, Daisy quickly books the earliest flight, packs a few of her clothes into a duffel bag and calls a cab to the airport.