He acknowledged his guards with a nod as he stepped out of his chambers and turned to head down the hall and out of the palace. He heard one of them try to follow after him, but the man wisely changed his mind and returned to his post after only a few hesitant steps. He didn't want anyone bothering him and could handle himself just fine. 

Except with this stubborn familiar...

Immediately pushing that thought aside, he finished his small meal and stepped outside into a chilly, sunny day. Feeling much lighter now with his new robe and a good night's rest, Shui tucked his arms behind his back and confidently strolled through the many winding, shaded pathways and gardens as he headed north. The cool wind rustled his short hair as he took in a deep, content breath. He could smell snow on the air, though it was a bit late in the season for it. 

He walked in peace for about twenty minutes before he felt the dagger at his waist vibrate slightly within its sheath, seemingly trying to signal something to him. Shui decided to step off the paved path at that point and wander through a thick grove of small, dormant pear trees. As he moved, he couldn't help but notice that, for once, his long hair was not getting snagged on anything as he wove between branch after branch. 

Perhaps I will keep it short for a while...

Stepping out onto the other side of the little grove left him standing on a small raised brick wall, its dark red and brown façade brushed with age. 

Oh?

Looking down beyond the small hill the four-foot wall was built on, Shui tilted his head slowly, taking in the interesting scene before him. 

Han Qi's little guard... and Lian Zeishen? 

They didn't look all that happy, either. Well, Zen, at least, didn't. He had on a black and white robe with different pink flower petal designs across the front and lower back. It was quite beautiful and matched his long, slightly messily-tied hair and demeanor. His arms were crossed over his chest and his eyes were narrowed on the man standing across from him in the old courtyard. The area wasn't currently being used, but it was where he had trained as a child, so it did hold quite a significant place in his heart and he often visited the area to get away and relax for a bit. 

Unlike Zen, Lian Zeishen seemed quite entertained as he nonchalantly walked around the other man, a wide smirk on his face that could border as a sneer. His arms swung leisurely for a moment before he moved them to clasp together behind his back. Zen turned with him, his attention completely focused on the other man. 

Lian Zeishen is looking for an opening...

His blood chilled slightly as he watched the young man's psychotic stalking behavior. He wasn't some little kitten hiding in the bushes trying to catch its meal by surprise... he was a fully grown lion playing with his food because he wanted to see it squirm. 

Shui looked over the man calmly waltzing around Qi's young guard. 

He's changed his clothing. 

Crafting spiritual items was hard enough, but to make two full outfits for oneself was incredibly difficult. Instead of his dirty pants and tattered worn robe he had been waring previously, this outfit was much more flattering. Black, dark purples, and deep reds colored the gorgeous robe with intricate designs embroidered across the left side. The smaller details were too hard to see from such a distance, but there was no doubt in Shui's mind that the craftmanship was exquisite. 

So he wasn't looking for money in my pavilion. He must have just wanted to look less dangerous to catch me off-guard. 

And he had.