"No, you are clearly not." Aestus retorted.

Shaira was irked by that. Who is he to say that? He never took interest in her. He was hardly ever there for his own kids. According to Shaira, He was a selfish man leaving everything on Dexton shoulder just to cop up with his pain.

"I apologize first if I am being rude, but I don't think I need to explain this to you." Shaira said her eyes showing disdain. She does not find any reason to explain her mental health to someone who does not care.

Mr. Aestus eyes slightly widen. He did not say anything just silently staring at her. As Shaira did not get any clear answer from him she took it as a sign to get out from there.

"I apologize for my rudeness, but I need to go first." Shaira said. She felt suffocating there. She could feel her temper rising.

"When did you start running from conversation?" Aestus said. Shaira eye twitched. She was running from the conversation- Oh please. She does not want to waste her much precious time if they don't even have the courage to 'man up' and admit their mistakes.

"I want ask you sir; do you even know me enough to say that?" Shaira said. Her eyes were fiery. That next to nonexistent sleep was taking a toll on her and that is for sure. She was irritated and tired.

"Maybe not but I knew someone just like you" Aestus said.

"Please Mr. Aestus, I do not want to talk to you about all of this." Shaira said with finality. Before she could walk away. She heard the words she never expected to hear from any of the Vanidestines.

"I apologize Shaira, for all of the things you have faced in your life because of us."

Shaira could not believe what she heard. Mr. Aestus sitting on the sofa. His eyes were cold just slight hint of remorse which could be easily missed by a normal person but not Shaira.He was looking tired. She was one girl who had trained herself to recognize every subtle change in any of Vanidestine's expression. She could not say anything but just stared dumbly at Mr. Aestus.

"If you could sit for two minutes here. I want to say something."

Shaira wanted to listen to him as he was the first Vanidestine who actually apologize for her not making some blind assumption about her. She silently walked back to the table. Mr. Aestus poured a cup of water for her. She silently took the cup from him.

"I know It would sound like a sugarcoated rationale but it's not. Trust me I never wanted to hurt a child. I could never. I have five kids; I know but I was hurt. I was so drowned in my own misery that I need it to let go of it alone without anyone near me. I know you have questions, but I just could not answer you right now. I want to say please don't hurt yourself anymore. Please don't cry anymore. I just want that."

Shaira was listening to the whole conversation with wide eyes. A slight tremor in Mr. Aestus voice with a little sloppy moment. Shaira finally noticed he was tipsy. She was sure that Mr. Aestus would never say those things to her if he was in his right mind. Was it even truth? but one thing was sure that she had clearly misunderstood him. She sighed.

"I think this is not the right time for the talk Mr. Aestus. You need rest." Shaira said looking at Mr. Aestus to which Mr. Aestus nodded.

Shaira could feel the hope in the farthest corner of her heart that even if she decided to not be in the part of family anymore but maybe she will forgive them someday and live a peaceful life. She stood up from the couch and went to the door but before she could go, she halted and looked back at Mr. Aestus who was laying his head backwards on sofa. Maybe trying to contemplate what the heck he just blurted out because anyone could tell he was swinging between sobriety and drunkenness. She smiled unconsciously.

"I would take your drunken words as truth Mr. Aestus. You seem to be a lot kinder than I had expected."

Mr. Aestus head snapped towards the young girl carrying a small smile. He did not say anything but the message he wanted to give was heard.

Loud and Clear

...

Surprise Guys! This is your next update. Enjoy!!

A massive shoutout to my dear little sister who actually offered me to pack my bags for college just so I could write, and she could read a new update. I could not have imagined her to be so supportive that she herself downloaded Wattpad just to read my books. She is just so cute-sometimes.

I know you guys have a lot of spicy speculations and opinions. But I want to say. Patience is key. I will give my level best to deliver a story which could touch your heart. So you can trust me on that.

Quick question- Your fav sibling moment?

Mine is right here.

Bye guys! I hope you will enjoy it. Vote and comment and tell me how it is.