"...Okay, I guess. Um, so how's the studying going?" He asked with not as much curiosity. I knew he was just trying to be civil.

"Haven't done that yet." I joked, and for once Vic smiled and chuckled a little.

"Right." He retaliated awkwardly before disappearing into the bedroom. I let out a small sigh, turning all of my attention back to the notebook still in my hands.

A few hours later it was almost midnight. Never did I think I'd work so hard on one subject. An accomplished feeling washed over me as I tossed the notebook gently onto the coffee table in front of me. I kept silent for a few seconds, noting that I heard no noise coming from Vic. He must've gone to sleep.

Soundlessly, I slipped into the bedroom, eyeing Vic's bed nervously. Sure enough, he was sound asleep in it. I let out a huff, hurrying across the room and switching my clothes before crawling into my bed which was freezing. I hated that Vic kept the window open in here; It let in so much cold air and it didn't help that the window was right beside my bed.

Nonetheless, I ignored the window and buried myself under the blankets before closing my eyes gently. Immediately I went into a sleepy state, the one where everything feels almost like a dream. I swore I heard Vic mumbling my name, but whether it was a dream or not I had no clue.

"Kellin?" I heard for about the third time. I opened my eyes a little, glancing over at Vic. Blackness blinded the room, so seeing him was useless.

"Thank you." Was the final thing I heard before I turned over and zoned out, falling into a deep sleep.

—- -

When I woke up in the morning, Vic was there for once. I was expecting him to be out doing something, but he wasn't. I watched him avidly for a few moments. He was laying down, staring at the ceiling before he sighed and sat up, pushing the covers off of him. I then noticed he had slept without a shirt, which wasn't very surprising. Vic always came off fairly self confident.

All of these thoughts flooded my head as he stretched his arms out before him, yawning slowly. My eyes flicked over his torso as I admired his complexion and posture, realizing after how wrong that was of me to do. I shook the thought hurriedly, coughing to let Vic know I was up.

"Oh... Hey." Vic greeted me kindly. That did surprise me. Whatever happened last night I was sure wouldn't transfer into today. I was sure by this morning he'd hate me again, but apparently that's not the case.

"Hi." Was all I said, pushing my comforter back and jumping out of the bed, grabbing some articles of clothing before moving past Vic awkwardly. "I'll change in the bathrooms." I noted. Vic nodded, equally as uncomfortable. I guess this was the first time he had been somewhat friendly with a guy outside of his group.

Speedily, I made my way out of the room and down the hall to the restrooms. A few guys were littered around the sinks. Very few of them paid any attention to me, but others eyed me. One guy in particular caught my attention. Sure enough, he walked towards me.

"Kellin, right?" He questioned. I kept silent. He knew damn well who I was. With a scoff, the boy rolled his eyes. "What, did you get sent here for being too cocky? Look at me, I'm Kellin and I don't need to introduce myself because I'm so bad and-" He teased as anger grew deep within me. All sorts of anger rushed through my veins as I tuned out on his words and more on how much I wanted to punch him.

With little self thought, I dropped my clothes onto the floor and grabbed the collar of his shirt, slamming him into one of the shower walls roughly. Quietly, I kept him pinned there, but his previous smirk didn't falter.

"Impressive." The guy, whatever his name was continued to tease. "For such a small guy, you're strong. Tell me, where'd you learn your moves? Your mom?" He threw in, and that's where I had enough.

Quickly, I unlatched my right hand from his shirt and swung my fist harshly, striking him right on the jaw. The man doubled over in pain, letting out a groan as I stepped away. By then everyone had their eyes on me.

"Don't fucking bring my mom into this, and for your information I was sent here for general abuse of multiple things in my school. Scram before I beat the ever living shit out of you." I spat in anger at the boy who seemed to be cowering by this point. I watched as he picked himself up, touching his jaw which was already bruising and hurried out of the bathrooms. Without another glance, I gathered up my clothes and disappeared into one of the showers, switching my clothes and going back to my room.

Vic was no longer in the room, so I assumed he had headed out for breakfast before class. I knew I'd see him in first period, though, so after I dumped my clothes on the floor in the bedroom, I headed out. Anger still burned my skin, and I was no longer hungry. Instead of heading to the kitchen, I hurried ahead and went to my first class. Surprising enough the door was unlocked, so I trudged in before taking my usual seat. Mr. Turner looked up at me suspiciously.

"Care to explain why you're here fifteen minutes prior to class?" He asked me almost like he was annoyed. I wouldn't blame him.

"I"m not hungry." I replied simply, taking everything out of my bag. For a little while I just studied the notebook before a sudden rush of pain focused in my knuckles. I let out a little gasp and looked down at my hand which was bruised severely.

"Do you know where I could get some bandages? I hit a wall earlier by accident..." I lied showing him my hand. Mr. Turner frowned, obviously not believing my poor excuse, but also not asking for the truth.

"Go ask the nurse, she's downstairs." Mr. Turned replied simply, and I didn't hesitate to disappear from the room and run down the stairs to the nurse. I told her the exact same story I told Mr. Turner, except she believed it. Silently, I watched as she wrapped my knuckles in a soft, white fabric. With a smile, I left the office and went back to class. More and more students filed in, including Vic who sat beside me, looking at my hand immediately.

"What the hell happened? You didn't have that this morning before I left." Vic whispered, pointing to the bandage. I shrugged, noting that it didn't really hurt anymore. The pressure of the bandage was helping.

"I punched some guy who got on my back in the bathrooms, no big deal." I responded nonchalantly. Vic shook his head at me. "What?"

"No big deal?" He questioned. "Kellin, if he turns you in you're going to be in so much shit."

"Who cares? He deserved it." Was the final thing I said before class began and for once, I actually was starting to understand. All the studying really did pay off.

After the bell rang and the first period was officially over, Vic and I separated as I made my way downstairs, only to be faced with Mrs. Abram. My breath caught in my throat as she glared at me.

"My office, now."