"...Skeleton?" I snap out of my thoughts instantly.

"H-Huh?"

His gaze softens. "Are you scared? It's alright if you are."

"S-Scared? Of course not!" I say a bit too quickly, too quick to believe. Wither sighs softly, tightening his grip ever so slightly.

"When we enter, you must keep this with you at all times." He hands me a dark, glistening gemstone. I had never seen anything quite like it. "It'll sever any sort of mind control the Lord has upon entering."

"What... What about you?" I ask.

"...The Lord does not have the power to control me. My powers will protect me." I nod, placing the mysterious gem into my inventory.

"If anything happens to me, you must promise you'll leave with Slime and Creeper. Don't try to help me."

"Wither, nothing will happen to you," I say, "We're going to go in and out. No one will spot us as long as we're extremely careful." He nods hesitantly. "Alright then. Are you ready to cross over?"

"Yes," I say, my voice firm, "Let's go save our friends." Wither takes a deep breath before walking through, his grip on my hand firm as we cross the border.

~

A/n: I was gonna end the chapter here, but I love y'all so we're going to continue!

~

A sickening feeling arose in my abdomen. My head felt heavy. My whole body felt displaced.

Then, just as it started, it stopped.

I slowly open my eyes. It was pitch black.

"Skeleton? You alright?" His voice was a hushed whisper, almost inaudible.

"Y-Yeah... I can't see a thing, though..."

"Don't worry, just trust me, okay? I know my way through this tunnel." I felt him slowly move forward, so I match his pace accordingly.

Despite the given situation, I felt mostly calm. Wither's touch did wonders for my nerves.

We walk quietly for a few moments, our light footsteps the only audible noise. Then, a small ray of light shines directly at us. We walks towards it slowly.

Then, I heard the soft yet audible sound of heavy breathing. Wither's grip on my hand became vice. Just a few steps before the entrance, Wither stops.

"Wither...?"

He was scared. It was the first time I ever saw him so frightened. Wither always kept a brave face (in front of me, anyways), so seeing him so scared made me extremely anxious.

"Wither...?" I whisper once more, softening my voice.

"S-Sorry," he says quickly. "Let's go."

The rays of light were almost blinding as we entered, as if the sole purpose of it was to blind all intruders.

But what we stepped into, I could not comprehend.

The place was haphazardly scattered with lava along with murky black liquid. The infrastructures were built small and narrow, all symmetrical and with the same material.

There were also hundreds of wither skeletons gathered around a peculiar blue campfire.

This place was a whole new concept to me.

"Wither, how are we going to sneak past so many wither skeletons?..."

"...We'll just have to be extra stealthy." Wither pulls me behind a statue made of peculiar stone. "Just follow me and don't make any unnecessary noise or movements."